Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Tach removal on '84 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Tach removal on '84

Hello all,

I need to get the tach repaired on my '84 Turbo Esprit; , can the tach be removed by taking the fascia screws off or does the whole binnacle need to come off? The parts and service manuals don't make this clear.

Thanks!

Dave

--

Once you start using Windows, your brain has a half-life

--

Every time a new Windows OS comes out, I feel like a stroke patient: I have to relearn everything. Yet, I have UNIX manuals from 1976 that are still correct today. New functionality should build upon an unchanging foundation.

All Cows Eat Grass

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes

No need to remove the whole binnacle

Remove the screws holding the plastic 'shroud' don't forget the two behind the 'dimmer' knobs

Then the screws holding the steel plate.

Pull the clocks forward, careful not to scratch the leather ( a bit of cardboard is a good idea) the speedo cable might pop out.

The tachometer is held in by 2 knurled nuts and slides out of the front of the metal plate

There is one multi connector and the illuminating light is a tight fit ( the conical metal fitting at the top )

Whilst you have the clocks out (and assuming you are not worried about originality) why not take the opportunity to upgrade the dash lights to LEDs? I posted a how to a while back

It really transformed Sue's car

John