Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Just destroyed another front lip spoiler ..... - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Just destroyed another front lip spoiler .....

Like a chump, I just paid nearly $500 to replace the front lip spoiler on the V8 (as it was scratched to hell and looked like crap) and I'm certain you've already guessed it. While driving through Long Beach tonight, I hit what can only be described a "ditch" in the road and pretty well ripped the spoiler off the car and scratched it to hell - sorry just need to vent :D:P:D

Edited by fmxa
Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i always thought we had bad roads and in us of a they were all perfect, especially in cali, its all cruise down the beach styleeee isnt it,,,,or am i watching to many films

always crap though as i have to get on and come off my drive perfect every time or i do the same thing. cant you get a bodyshop to fix it

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

Am convincd the PO has lowered my car...barely dare take on catseyes!!

That's when she's not in the garage for 7 weeks (and counting) waiting for spares!! Seems that parts like rear suspension uprights, steering racks and suspension bolts have to be ordered from Jupiter at present. Pffft.

Proud recipient of the LEF 'Car of the Month Award' February 2008

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wow, what a ride!!"

Paul can you not fit the S300 style lip ? It's like rubber but will fold and not scratch (well it will but you can just silicon spray over it) - details are on LEW, Kato has one fitted iirc.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks everyone!

Contrary to what you see on TV, some of our roads and freeways in the LA area are in an abysmal state. Anyhow, I like the sport 300 spoiler idea (hopefully it won't be coming from Jupiter or made of unobtainium!) and plan on checking into it this week. After looking at LEW I also decided it's time to replace the US spec sealed beam "candles" with E Code lights in the hope it will improve night visibility and I can also avoid the cats eyes :D

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

I just looked up the S300 spoiler. It looks like the S350 spoiler with the extra 'glass piece removed. Here are some pics of mine:

post-681-1155519294.jpg

'03.5 Final Edition Esprit ~ 5.7lbs/hp

mildly modded - 430rwhp, 353rwtq

Thanks everyone!

Contrary to what you see on TV, some of our roads and freeways in the LA area are in an abysmal state. Anyhow, I like the sport 300 spoiler idea (hopefully it won't be coming from Jupiter or made of unobtainium!) and plan on checking into it this week. After looking at LEW I also decided it's time to replace the US spec sealed beam "candles" with E Code lights in the hope it will improve night visibility and I can also avoid the cats eyes :blink:

I have the sport 300 spoiler on my 89 turbo, got it from SJ along with some new Esprit floor mats. I think the S300 spoiler was like 110 bucks plus shipping, and like someone pointed out, it's rubber and folds(gets scratched but a little armor all and she's as good as new!

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

I've queried this previously but what is now being said appears different to my understanding.

Gonzola's stunning late Esprit appears to have the black rubber lip attached directly to the lower bumper. Also I suspect that what you've done to Art ?

When I've checked out pictures of the S350 there appears to be an additional very thin mounting lip on the bottom of the lower bumper which the rubber lip attaches to.

So my question is on my S4 am I right in thinking I could just purchase the rubber lip and attached directly to the bottom of the bumper ?

Important point for me is that this lip is at least half the price of the two half need for the standard S4/V8 Lip.

Edited by CarlC

DOH!!!

Sorry to hear that Paul - You must be well pi**ed off!

How is the law for liability for the roads over there? Here I am 99% sure that damage as a result of un-cared for roads can be persued against the council!

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Paul , you have to calm down your aggresive driving style :P

You cant be tearing around Long Beach like your starring in a Mad Max movie. :blink:

Never mind about a rubber lip, you need a whole rubber car B)

CaravanSmash.JPG

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg

Where did you get that picture of me?! :blink:

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Carl, mebbe this helps ?

Del done it to his S4s so it can be fitted, obviously it affect aerodynamics but looks a bit out of place if you ask me esp since it rides a lot lower than the side skirts :blink:

http://www.messaging.co.uk/del/lotus-Mods.htm

(down the page a bit)

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Carl, mebbe this helps ?

Del done it to his S4s so it can be fitted, obviously it affect aerodynamics but looks a bit out of place if you ask me esp since it rides a lot lower than the side skirts :P

http://www.messaging.co.uk/del/lotus-Mods.htm

(down the page a bit)

:blink: The S300 spoiler IS the S350 without the extra fiberglass lip!

Carl, the extra fiberglass lip is just for looks. It does not hold the rubber piece. The rubber piece just bolts onto the bumper.

Edited by gmendoza

Gonzalo / Jon,

Thanks for confirming that. I dont think it looks better than what should be on the S4/V8 but it looks better than not having one at all. Also given the state of my drive and the local speed bumps I dont think it would be money well spent as Im sure to destory it in a matter of weeks. So at about 25% of the cost it looks like its the S300/S350 rubber lip for me.

Thanks again,

Edited by CarlC

:blink: The S300 spoiler IS the S350 without the extra fiberglass lip!

Carl, the extra fiberglass lip is just for looks. It does not hold the rubber piece. The rubber piece just bolts onto the bumper.

That solution (your pics) looks perfect! On my '02, the lower edge of the fiberglass lip is getting abused.

I haven't checked, but are you saying I can simply remove the fiberglass lip? I just assumed the rubber was attached to the fiberglass lip, which was attached to the valance.

Or will I need to get the S300 rubber lip separately?

SDD

That solution (your pics) looks perfect! On my '02, the lower edge of the fiberglass lip is getting abused.

I haven't checked, but are you saying I can simply remove the fiberglass lip? I just assumed the rubber was attached to the fiberglass lip, which was attached to the valance.

Or will I need to get the S300 rubber lip separately?

SDD

The rubber is not attatched to the fiberglass. Just unbolt the rubber, slide out the fiberglass piece, bolt the rubber back in.

i always thought we had bad roads and in us of a they were all perfect, especially in cali, its all cruise down the beach styleeee isnt it,,,,or am i watching to many films

always crap though as i have to get on and come off my drive perfect every time or i do the same thing. cant you get a bodyshop to fix it

The LA roads near me are mind-numbingly bad. its really quite irritating...

sorry to hear about your front lip paul, we still need to get together for that socal meet-up soon!

Shah

1979 Esprit S2. Long Beach, CA