Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
WC CC pump problems? - Page 2 - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

WC CC pump problems?

Here is a pic of the electric chargecooler pump as installed on the front of my 91 SE. I simply spliced it inbetween the chargecooler line. Make sure you install it in the same direction (flow) as orginal. It simply rests against the radiator duct strut support. I've used some fuel line under the pump so that it does not abraid the pump body. I used an inline fuse and wired it to the number 22 fuse position on the fuse block. I don't know what circuit this is, as this is blank in the owners manual. However it is a keyed circuit and removing the fuse did not seem to affect anything.

post-400-1155853094.jpgpost-400-1155853506.jpg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks a tidy install and in a really good spot for ensureing the water level is always above the pump.

What have you done with the existing pipe work to the machanical pump. Have you just remove the impellor and left the pipe work in place? or joined directly the pipe to the origonal pump and peiced a hose direct to the CC ?

Here is a pic of the electric chargecooler pump as installed on the front of my 91 SE. I simply spliced it inbetween the chargecooler line. Make sure you install it in the same direction (flow) as orginal. It simply rests against the radiator duct strut support. I've used some fuel line under the pump so that it does not abraid the pump body. I used an inline fuse and wired it to the number 22 fuse position on the fuse block. I don't know what circuit this is, as this is blank in the owners manual. However it is a keyed circuit and removing the fuse did not seem to affect anything.

post-400-1155853094.jpgpost-400-1155853506.jpg

Yeah, that's exactly what I had in mind. I'll hopefully get er back on the road for testing this weekend, I've got the CC pump bled and circulating I just need to secure the pump, put the turbo inlet hose back onto the airbox and reinstall the airbox. I'll be returning the engine to stock trim with the wastegate solenoid controlling the boost as I am having some knocking issues so I'm trying to sort that out as well. I'll keep you posted.

Art

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

As of right now the pump and impeller is still mounted to the engine. Since the impeller was shot to begin with ,there is no restriction( who knows where the little plastic bits are) but i've been running this set up for two years now with no problems. the chargecooler is cool to the touch and I now get 1 bar of boost

Okay! Eureka, I made a couple runs in the car with the CC pump and new heat exchanger I had made, and sure does finally work! After about 7 blasts at 12psi the CC got barely ambient temp to the touch!(it's about 92F right now) Much improved over the old heat exchanger I had which wouldn't survive 2 blasts without being HOT! I must have gotten the air out and getting decent circulation with pump! Thanks for all the tips and help guys.

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm