Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Esprit S1- Who's building one? - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Esprit S1- Who's building one?

markjonesx

I'm currently restoring an S1, but who else? I'm lonely :ball:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/577/dsc07375b.jpg/'>dsc07375b.jpg

Edited by markjonesx

Esprit S1, 238G, Blog

Online Photo's

This car was most definately hand built, NOTHING FITS!

Mark

What have you done? That was orange the last time I saw it!!! You've succumbed to the old adage that all Esprits have to be white - shame on you, orange is a fantastic colour and really suits a 70s Esprit (particularly with the green/tartan interior).

By the way, it does look good :)

Paul.

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

Mark

What have you done? That was orange the last time I saw it!!! You've succumbed to the old adage that all Esprits have to be white - shame on you, orange is a fantastic colour and really suits a 70s Esprit (particularly with the green/tartan interior).

By the way, it does look good :)

Paul.

Wife said she'd divorce me if it was Orange.

Esprit S1, 238G, Blog

Online Photo's

This car was most definately hand built, NOTHING FITS!

Calling Moxie and Mikeh . . . Calling Moxe and Mikeh . . .

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Now that is going to look so cool when its finished. I wish I had a garage to be able to do a rebuild. My wife thinks I'm barmy when I spend 6 hours washing and polishing! She'd never see me. I must explain that benefit to her when I next see her :)

Hahaha I'd paint mine orange if my wife would do the same ;o)

Calling Moxie and Mikeh . . . Calling Moxe and Mikeh . . .

post-6978-0-35273400-1354432681.jpg

post-6978-0-11120800-1354432700.jpg

post-6978-0-35423800-1354432722.jpg

Nick Fulcher figured out how to cut up my family tartan (Guthrie) in place of the traditional Hunting Menzies. Cutting up the subsequent pattern was the last Lotus project he worked on. I'm visiting Steve Fulcher on Wednesday to see how it's going and lift a glass in memory of dear old Nick.

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

I have a blog in the Restoration section.  I haven't worked on it much since last spring, but now I'm back on it.  I'll keep it more up to date if you're ( or anyone else is)  interested.  I'm also working on Moxie's car (above).  Plus, I have a second S1 project after these two.

Hi Mark.

It's looking really good. Hope your enjoying yourself working on your esprit. I thoroughly did.

Hope a pic of a finished car gives you even more motivation.

Regards

Cos

post-4319-0-44919100-1355079570.jpg

For God's sake, when will someone take a beat-up S1 basket-case barn-find and respray it Lotus Viper Green to make up for the one and only S1 painted that color, but since painted white? 

Wanna turn heads? Screw James Bond and go green: http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/49867-lotus-viper-green/

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

I'll take that as a challenge, Matt.  I'm goimg to do the opposite-original white car to be painted viper green (w/tarten insides).  So much green...  (out of my wallet).