Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Door alignment tips? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Door alignment tips?

Im currently fiddling with the door alignment on my S1 before I drill ten holes down it for the waistline trim holder. The trouble Im having is that I can either get the door flush to front wing ok or to the rear wing but not both. Ive tried swapping the shims behind the hinge bolts and adjusting the door catch on the body but Im going round in circles. I can probably get it to an average point where its close front and back but I thought Id ask the question is there anything Im missing here?

Phil

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You've probably got it better than it left the factory.

When mine was being sprayed we adjusted all the lines to correct them as they were really crappy.

However, make sure you check for any damage/twist in the verticals, are your door pins solid? any play?

Esprit S1, 238G, Blog

Online Photo's

This car was most definately hand built, NOTHING FITS!

Hi Phil, i did my doors recently and had the same problem, the doors went on then off then on then off etc. I used different size shims, some thick and some thin, then adjusted the door lock which took a few attempts. I also had a problem with the height, the front was not lining up with the wing so i loosened the 2 bolts holding the door beam and this gave me enough play to get it right. im not sure you can get them perfect? good luck Paul

Well Done Paul!! The 2 bolts holding the door to the beam were exactly what I needed to adjust.<br />Door No1 now lines up everywhere (within Lotus parameters anyway)<br />Thanks again team.<br /><br />Phil<br /><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="frix" data-cid="440808"><p>Hi Phil, i did my doors recently and had the same problem, the doors went on then off then on then off etc. I used different size shims, some thick and some thin, then adjusted the door lock which took a few attempts. I also had a problem with the height, the front was not lining up with the wing so i loosened the 2 bolts holding the door beam and this gave me enough play to get it right. im not sure you can get them perfect? good luck Paul</p></blockquote>