Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Radiator bracket dimensions - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Radiator bracket dimensions

deverett

The lower bracket on my radiator is completely gone. It is a 2 fan radiator early S3 with factory aircon. Could someone provide me with the dimensions of the bracket and the location of the mounting nuts so I can rebuild it?

Thanks,

Dave

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave, i have the somewhat odd S3 aircon version of the car too :)

Just upload a picture on the part of the radiator you need, is it the the lower two bracket thats attached to the plastic shield?. 

I overhauled the whole radiator last year so maybe i can help you. Tell also whats your plan with it?. Have you overhauled the whole radiator?. I'm so happy that i did it was full of junk and the car now runs perfect in hot conditions with the original overhauled radiator.

/Fred

Hi Fred, yeah it's the lower bracket that attaches to the fibreglass cowling. My radiator is at a reconditioners now so I can't take a photo.

I considered getting the whole thing done but it never overheats and the reconditioner suggested I leave the core and just replace the bracket as everything else is fine with it. However I may get it done anyway now it's out.

Basically what I need is how far along from the edge are the centres of the mounting nuts and how high they sit off the radiator. Even the bolts were gone so I don't know what size they were.

Dave

Ok, the holes in fiberglass cowling tells you exact the position of the brackets. I'll check how high and also measure how many centimeters? the brackets are from the edges this weekend since i dont have the car to close to my apartment wintertimes.

/Fredrik

Esprit from Esprit is pretty unique but between the bolts on mine is 17CM (measure from the middle). From the bolts to the corners of the rad was hard to get but anyhow your car will be unique so you have to use the cowling anyhow to measure this!

A tip: When you mount everything back. Glue the foam around onto the radiator, this will save you time and the radiator will run cooler, perhaps :).

/Fred