Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
St Tropez Convertible Film and Homepage updated - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

St Tropez Convertible Film and Homepage updated

Rolf

Hi folks,

This wintertime I had learned how to use this film-software and put together a few shots from the St Tropez roadster driving in the Alps.

The convertible-homepage is also updated. A couple of nice chaps in this forum had found pictures in the net. They are now linked and new “old” pictures of the white No.1, the blue No.2 and the two red St Tropez can be accessed from there.

Just use the links in the signature for viewing.

Hope you like it!

Cheers,

Rolf

Website with information and pictures PBB St Tropez convertible Esprit:

http://www.lotusespritconvertible.de/

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That looks fantastic in the Alps Rolf, when so much of the scenery is above your head there can't be a batter Esprit to enjoy it!

In the past many of the forum comments about the ST Tropez conversion have been pretty negative, I could never understand why. Hopefully seeing it on the move like that, as opposed to snapshots of odd examples parked up with pram hoods in rainy old Britain, will change their minds.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Not much to add, we share the same impression. It´s just awsome in the open Esprit in summertime!

As I first saw the discussions about the St Tropez conversion, I was astonished about how much negative comments popped up. Sure, taste is different, not much to argue about that, but as my car taste is by far pretty much mainstream in sports car design, I wondered how far away I was with my very positive thinking about the St Tropez.

Up to 2011 not much pictures (most of them really sad) were available in the internet, Imho it was time to bring a better “make up your mind with more positive information’s” attitude to the people.

The homepage was the first step, not totally satisfying because you only see static pictures. The movie-idea was born and finally, I hope, everybody asked about his opinion has now a better information base for a personal rating.

I love this car!  I love the box-flares more than than top, but I love that too.  In fact, I was heavily inspired by this car in my own failed widebody attempt.  Thanks for sharing!

PS, could you make a "walk-around" video showing us the body work in detail and operating the top?  That would be amazing!

Luke Colorado, Super Spy.   -  Lotus Owner No Longer

1987 Zender Widebody 560SEC | 1994 Lotus Esprit S4 | 2013 Honda Fit EV (#269)

The line above the rear wheel arch on your widening project looks pretty much like the one on the St Tropez. The sharp edge and the curvature fits quite good to the Giugiaro design. I doubt that this will look great in conjunction with the rounded edges of the Stevens design.

post-3590-0-42395300-1361952837.jpg

The foldable roof is an easy and good mechanical solution and it likes to not unveil the details.