Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Eclat 521 1979 - Cars/Parts For Sale - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Eclat 521 1979

ebay

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now this looks to be a great little project for somone looking for S1 originality (from the pics).

It looks largely unmolested and has the all important "galvanised" word in the text.

I would assume "recent" galv chassis means withint he last few years rather than the last few weeks.

If it has been sitting stationary long enough for the clutch to stick, it must have been in that chassis for a few years, otherwise the owner would have split the bellhousing to free up the clutch when moving them across into a new chassis.

A galv chassis is easy enough to verify by looking underneath. If somone buys it, and they find it is mild steel when they arrive to collect it, the deal is immediately cancelled , as the seller has not described it accurately.

I honestly think this one is as good a starting point for somone looking for a series 1 2L. There is also another car in Wales that is up for sale that has potential at the moment. I can provide the vendors phone number for a PM.

NB I have no association with either seller - just commenting on the pics and descriptions

Edited by Dunc

• 3 weeks later...

"A galv chassis is easy enough to verify by looking underneath."

if it was fitted bare, yes....but some (quite a lot) owners have painted such a galvaized chassis in black. than it isnt as easy to verify.

anyway...the car wasnt sold...no wonder....Some gel cracks, some slight bubbling, few minor repairs needed to interior - although in good condition headliner has started to sag, The clutch plates are stuck on due to it sitting in my garage, it also needs a new battery and a diaphragm for one of the headlights....1750,- plus old tyres  and possible other stationary defects..i think the 1 in front of the 7  should be not there.

Edited by Elite7