Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
BOV install goof (sort of)... which way does the - - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

BOV install goof (sort of)... which way does the -

Guest JimmyTheSaint

Guest JimmyTheSaint

I removed the check (one-way) valve on my vacuum hose while installing a BOV and I completely neglected to acknowledge which way it came off. Looking down at it; is the black side on the left or right?

Thanks,

Jimmy

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I removed the check (one-way) valve on my vacuum hose while installing a BOV and I completely neglected to acknowledge which way it came off. Looking down at it; is the black side on the left or right?

Thanks,

Jimmy

Blow thru it on both ends, one direction should flow freely, the other direction... no flow. It is there to prevent manifold pressure from making it to the crankcase. It should be installed so that there is no flow from manifold to crankcase, but good flow from crankcase to manifold. Sorry, can't remember which color is which end right now.

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence." - George Washington

Guest JimmyTheSaint
Blow thru it on both ends, one direction should flow freely, the other direction... no flow. It is there to prevent manifold pressure from making it to the crankcase. It should be installed so that there is no flow from manifold to crankcase, but good flow from crankcase to manifold. Sorry, can't remember which color is which end right now.

Thanks for the help, but I'm still confused. One end goes to the charcoal canister and the other end comes out of the left side of the intake. Just so I'm clear; If I'm in the engine bay, should the air blow to the left or to the right?

I had the same problem myself when I came to put the throttle bodies back on the car.

According to the service manual the picture clear shows;

A ) the check valve nearest the rear of the car before running from the fuel pressure regulator to the manifold and between this and the green oil air seperator to crank case breather pipe... should be BLACK going to engine/fuel pressure reg. and white face to the green oil air sep.

B ) the one way check valve to the charcoal cannister located at the front of the engine and used normally for the BOV valves should also be Black face to engine and white face to charcoal cannister.

:lol:

Edited by CarlC

Thanks for the help, but I'm still confused. One end goes to the charcoal canister and the other end comes out of the left side of the intake. Just so I'm clear; If I'm in the engine bay, should the air blow to the left or to the right?

Which car are you installing this on?

nevermind, answered above...

Edited by Htown

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence." - George Washington