Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
New Lotus Dealership coming to Calgary - Canada - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

New Lotus Dealership coming to Calgary

stugilmour

Was at The Calgary new car show today. At the Weissach display they had a sign up announcing they will be opening a new dealership in Calgary in the Spring of 2014. cool.gif I believe it will carry some of their other lines like Lambo, etc.; not sure about Porsche. The architectural rendering of the building looked substantial, with a very prominent Lotus sign.

Their display was pretty good, with a couple of Lambo's, Bugatti, and two Evora's.

They mentioned it has been in the works for several years, but they were having difficulty finding a suitable location that they could get zoned for a dealership. In order to support Lotus in our area they have been bringing in their tech team to a local independent every six months or so. A full service dealership will be an excellent development.

They are also hopeful one of the proposals for a new track in the Calgary area work out. Hoping to be able to book Track Days similar to their Lower Mainland activities.

Stu

Edited by stugilmour

Stu Calgary Alberta ' 69 Plus 2 '0 0 Esprit V8

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stopped by there myself today, and got the same story - I believe it will be sales and support for Lotus and Lamborghini, and after sales support for Porsche?   I didn't get to hear where they are going to be setting up, but I'm excited to hear this news.

It'll be an easier way to have year-round servicing of my new Evora S.

:thumbsup:

It will be located in the SW. 

IIRC he said Blackfoot Trail & Heritage Drive, but having trouble visualizing a suitable location there.  Wondering if he meant Deerfoot Trail & Heritage Drive, by the Auto Circle?  Perhaps along the row with Lexus, MB, BMW?  Or maybe in the Auto Circle in one of the existing buildings with one of the existing brands moving to 'Luxury Row?  I checked and they don't have info up on their web site yet.

Anyway, a year to wait isn't bad.  I would sure use them for routine service items and parts.

Stu

• 2 weeks later...

Ha ha.   If you're in Medicine Hat, that is local !

I'll be happy with anywhere in Calgary.   Much closer than Vancouver for us .....

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the cool link Matt.  That land parcel is way larger than I thought from a drive-by.  8 km's from the house beats 980 km's to Vancouver! :D

• 11 months later...

Having just come back from the Calgary Auto Show, Weissach has announced the location where the new dealership is to be built:

Lamborghini Calgary/ Lotus Calgary

777 Heritage Drive S.E.

Calgary

(between Deerfoot and Blackfoot trails)

On track to break ground in 2-3 weeks, the earliest it could be open is year end 2014, or more likely into 2015.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Just got an update email today from Lamborghini Calgary, which I understand is the new store's name..  For some reason I can't paste into my reply, but I put some info and pictures on Lotus Talk today. 

The grand opening is July 2nd.  Service and show rooms open May 18th.  That is the current claim / schedule.  Looks like more than a couple of weeks work to me, but I guess we will see.  I'll do a drive by tomorrow again.

Here is the link.  Hummm, can paste in Chrome but not in MS.

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f105/new-lotus-dealership-coming-calgary-125761/

Cheers!

Stu

Did a drive-by today.  Lots of progress.  Elevator to the upper show room is in.  The service area floors are curing, planning lift installation in a few days.  Although the landscaping and paving will run into June, it looks like service will be open pretty much on schedule.

Cheers!

Stu