Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Classic Car Show & Auction, Norfolk Showground Sat 12th Oct. - UK - East Anglia - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Classic Car Show & Auction, Norfolk Showground Sat 12th Oct.

OwenGT3

Hi Everyone,

Like the Ken Wallis event, a few Lotus owners are attending this event, anyone with a Lotus is welcome to join our group of cars. So we are all together the group just needs to meet up before entering the event.

I spoke to the organisers of the East Anglian Classic Motor Show & Auction last week regarding this Saturdays event. What basically is happening is clubs have to be on site before 9 am and not leave until after 5 pm or there about.

People who are just turning up and displaying a vehicle not in a club, so all those attending and displaying their Lotus in our group can arrive after 9 am, but must be before 10 am when the event opens. The set up is very similar to Helmingham Hall event, classic cars will be directed to one car park, ordinary cars and punters to another car park.

Those who are planning to attend in the Lotus group, I suggest we all meet up before we go into the event to guarantee that we all park together, otherwise you will just be next to whatever car is before or after you in the queue.

I suggest we meet at this point on the Easton/old Dereham road, hopefully others won’t get the same idea and use it as a meeting point. Once everyone has arrived we can go in the main gate just off the Longwater roundabout. I have attached a view from Google maps were I mean.

Hopefully we can get a good turn out like at the Ken Wallis event, where there were 9 cars in the main row of Lotus cars, then another 4 Lotus cars turned up to display, but by then we had run out of space. Still, it was a great turn out of Lotus vehicles. This is also the first one of this event, so would be great to show our support for the event and promote the great and famous local brand.

See you all Saturday about 9.15ish

More information about this event can be found here:

http://www.norfolkshowground.co.uk/events/detail/220/East%20Anglian%20Classic%20Motor%20Show%20and%20Auction

10121538423_e3f5b7fcd5_c.jpg

I'll start a list.

1. Owen & Tracy - Esprit GT3
2. Garry - Elise MK1

Edited by OwenGT3

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand that 10 spaces have been reserved for this event in the club area for Lotus cars. To go in this area cars have to be on site before 9.30 am, so as long as most people attending are at the meeting place before 9.15 am, we should all be ok to get on as it's a few seconds away from the main gate. You can of course just go in if you are there earlier.

I don't know the exact spot of the Lotus club, but I'm sure the marshals will direct you to the right place.

so departing dead on 9.15 am

See you there.

Owen.

Edited by OwenGT3

Auction and autojumble are in a huge modern hall at the showground with lots of hardstanding around. Some of the lots were being assembled this afternoon, so even if the weather is bad looks like there will be plenty to do indoors.

Its a shame that there doesn't seem to have been much media exposure about the event because it has the potential to be a really good event. Cars in the auction seem to be mainly old heavy top end saloons with a few exotics thrown in!

Lovely Gulf Porsche sitting in the hall with valet kit ready .... looks like the same one that was at VSCC meeting at Snetts a few weeks ago.

Only sorry its my wifes birthday tomorrow so I cant be there  :cry: