Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Car Lotus Eclat Classic Car 1979 S1 - Cars/Parts For Sale - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Car Lotus Eclat Classic Car 1979 S1

ebay

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks it.

Summary of Ad:

Been off the road for a long time - Running rough - exterior looks okay - interior looks a bit shabby, car has vacuum and electrical gremlins.

No mention of chassis replacement or it being galv. Bumper is squint and needing a repaint. Speakers cut into body at rear.

It looks to be a decent enough foundation (apart from chassis being an unknown quantity), but not at that sort of money. I'm amazed that he even bothered to mention fitting second hand parts....

I wouldn't pay that much for that car, but maybe someone will.

Looks tidy, interior OK (no pics of front seats/footwell though where all the water collects!).

For the money I wouldn't want a misfiring engine (carb rebuild?), and if it's been laid up there will be plenty other little things to keep you occupied. £2800-3500 could be nearer the mark and that's if the chassis is sound

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Your more generous than me on this one Mark. I'd have said a good bit lower than that..

on the plus side its got tax and ticket, so the buyer can drive it straight away, but no mention of cam belt, water pump, headlining as an example of the things you'd generally like to change after hibernation.

It'd look a lot better with 2 hours work of removing the bumpers, rubbing them down then respraying in satin black.

1750-2K in my opinion.

Your estimate is on the high side of what I would personally pay Dunc....my figure was trying to 2nd guess what the uninformed loons who buy things on Ebay whilst drunk would bid!

It's sad that many people don't do their homework, are seduced by shiny rot-free bodywork on Lotuses, and then find this forum afterwards. This one may be a good car, but there has been some right bin-material found homes of late

In the garage no-one can hear you scream