Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Vehicle Speed Pulse Sensor - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Vehicle Speed Pulse Sensor

I wish to install a GPS system in a 02 V8 and this unit suggests connecting a wire from the GPS to the Vehicle Speed Pulse Sensor wire on the car's computer harness.

Does anyone know exactly which is the Vehicle Speed Pulse Sensor wire on the car?

Regards

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rear right hand side (drivers) hub carrier - not to be confused with the ABS speed sensor.

Thats interesting you say hooking a GPS upto it - what did you have in mind ? I want to get my GT3 more accurate and lose the cable driven one on the SE....common problem.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Rear right hand side (drivers) hub carrier - not to be confused with the ABS speed sensor.

Thats interesting you say hooking a GPS upto it - what did you have in mind ? I want to get my GT3 more accurate and lose the cable driven one on the SE....common problem.

Hello Jonathan,

The wire needs to be electrical. I refer you to the attached instructions.

Regards,

Phil

post-1710-1159474441.jpg

The GT3 is an electronic speedo - the SE is cable diven however it also has an electonic speed sensor for the ECU (dunno perhaps they had not invented electronic speedos by then ?!) so it will work.

Whats the product called ? Link to the puchase site ?

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

The GT3 is an electronic speedo - the SE is cable diven however it also has an electonic speed sensor for the ECU (dunno perhaps they had not invented electronic speedos by then ?!) so it will work.

Whats the product called ? Link to the puchase site ?

It's the Eclipse AVN 7000. It's a single DIN unit with a hard drive, there is no need to install a second unit under the bonnet.

Hi Phil,

I have spent a lot of time on my V8 Esprit recently fixing a niggly ABS fault. There were new electrics at 98MY and as your car is post '98 it does not have a specific wheel speed / vehicle speed sensor. The speedometer works off the signal from the REAR LEFT (when sitting in the car) ABS sensor (you can easily test this by disconnecting the sensor plug and your speedo will not work). The ABS sensor outputs are an AC (alternating current), the frequency and amplitude of which increase with vehicle speed. The voltage at low speed can be only 100 millivolts but about 100 volts at max speed. The signal frequency is just the number of teeth on the ABS pick up ring (not sure how many teeth are on the ring itself) passing the sensor each second. You will need to check that your GPS can handle this sort of signal.

I hope this helps,

Paul Havelock