Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Famous Eclat in nice Yellow - Cars/Parts For Sale - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Famous Eclat in nice Yellow

Well how do you advertise one on the best known Eclat’s in the UK. For sale is my Lotus Eclat 523 with all the extra’s. This is the genuine artcile. This IS the car that was owned by Team Lotus for the first five years of her life. This Is the car that was registered and owned by Andrew Fergusson, The Indianapolise Years. This is the team car that ferried all those famous drivers round the tracks. This IS the car that was featured heavily in publicity shot in her then Gold paint job. How many people say they have a famous Lotus previously owned by Lotus, and yes many were, and used as pool cars, but this wasnt the case with our old Eclat and to substantiate what I have claimed I have the copies of the original documentation from Lotus and a heritage cert showing the same details from Any Graham.

So whats been done to her over the years. Well in mid 95/96 she had a full body off restoration and respray, the only problem with that was that she was repainted in Bright Lotus Yellow to simulate the advertising and publicity shots of the time.Her interior was redone in the original Ermine colours and all her mechanicals were given a new lease of life and at the end of it all she won best in show at Donnington in 1997. I then rescued her some six years ago from the front garden of a previous owner, got her abck up and running and on the road where she cruiesed the highways for the next three years, well untill I snapped the back axle. She then went back into indoor storage/hibernation untill I could collect everything she would need for a second rebuild. so advance another couple of years and she has had a rebuilt rear axle complete with all the rear brake systems, cylinders etc. a replacement five speed gearbox as syncro was on it’s way out in third gear. A rebuily engine as the original was getting a bit tired. New poer sterring pipes and pump. Front pads and discs and the original alloys all polished up and looking like new, front window motors, new exhaust manifold, timing belt, tensioner, pulley and of course all the fluids using only quaility oils. New window switches and loads of other little bits and pieces.

Well the time has come for her to go to a new home as I have another Lotus project screeming at me to buy her and as I have no space left I must clear ot some of my collection of Lotus cars, that means 5 to you and me. so guys how do you price such a beast. I am looking for a fair price bearing in mind at the end of the day she is still just a well sorted Eclat although with unbeatable history so you tell me what it’s worth. I have a fair price in mind and it’snothing like what I thiink the over priced white Excel is currently on fleebay.

Make me a sensible offer and you never know the Old Banana could be your next four seater Lotus.

If anyone wants further info I have buckets loads of photographs of the original rebuld etc and of course she will come with all the documentation that I have colected over time she has owned me.

View the full article

Auto-generated post from www.lotusforsale.com - Click 'view full article' to respond to the poster.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic