Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit S1 handbook. - Misc including parts cross references - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit S1 handbook.

Alec Grimsey

Question

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know where I can purchase a Handbook for a Lotus Esprit S1.  When I got mine it was a very sad nonm runner and now it is through an MOT and on teh road it would have been nice to get a handbook for it. 

Any suggestions or thoughts on where I can get one would be very much appreciated. 

Thanks for your help.

Alec

7 answers to this question

On 05/07/2016 at 15:28, RedEspritS2 said:

Has anyone had any luck finding a S1 Owners Handbook?

I wouldn't mind a repro prevents just a photocopied one, anything would be better than nothing!

I've got a PDF of the original if that's any good to you? I do have the original for my car but you're not having that!!

• Like 1

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

Hi Paul,

yes please, a pdf would be fantastic.

I've never seen one, so I've no idea what's in there. I never got one for my S2 but found that the Owner's Manual that was with my 89 Turbo was very useful through my ownership.

I fully understand your reluctance to part with your original copy! 

7 hours ago, RedEspritS2 said:

Hi Paul,

yes please, a pdf would be fantastic.

I've never seen one, so I've no idea what's in there. I never got one for my S2 but found that the Owner's Manual that was with my 89 Turbo was very useful through my ownership.

I fully understand your reluctance to part with your original copy! 

PM me your e-mail address and I'll forward it to you.

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

Anorak detail:   Early Federal S1s (up to somewhere around Feb. or March 1977) tended to have black and purple ink on the cover;  later cars seemingly all (most?) had black and green.   I don't know if there is any difference in the content.  Speculation:  Maybe different care instructions with gel coat vs. nitrocellulose paint finish?   Emissions regulation related?    I don't know what the UK or other language handbooks looked like.

If anyone has a Federal S1 owner's handbook with purple/magenta ink on the cover, I have a couple of green ones -- would love to do a side-by-side comparison of the pages to see if there is any content difference. 

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE