Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit events: Reasons to not attend - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit events: Reasons to not attend

Paul C

:lol:

After a hugely successful major event that was over subscribed to the point we ran out of spaces, people missed out on going and sadly people dropped out of going too. here's a thought about any future Esprit event...

"My car is off the road" is NOT a reason to miss out.

I'd have gone in the Saxo or even my van, people turned up in their day cars and Lifts are always there, in fact i REALLY enjoyed my six month gap between Esprits as it meant i had the rare chance to be a passenger in many models, which i enjoyed. I missed no events and if anything enjoyed them more! Consider how you met Fishy, did he have an Esprit at that point?

Having an Esprit off the road is a real oppertunity with a group as friendly as ours, when your Esprit is running you just don't ever get the chance to beg rides in different models (as you are in your own).

The Donnington meet i enjoyed the most ever, saw me with no Esprit. (many thanks Jason S4s), being a passenger really makes these cars faster!!!

:blink:

People came across oceans without an Esprit to make the factory event, they did not even have 'day cars' at hand so "My clutch/starter/gearbox failed" is a sad way of missing out on a lot of fun, likewise the rain, my hat goes off to the guys covering huge bad weather mileage across Europe to get to us (and not regretting a single mile of it). People travelled by air to attend without their Esprit, whereas people a few hours away dropped out due to their Esprits being off the road, or due to it raining. We had 20 (twenty) no shows (of which i know some had good reasons), most however have never explained why. EVERY one of those 20 places could have been filled, people that wanted to go sadly missed out. On a day as huge as the factory day we ended up with this 10% non attendance.

I urge anyone thinking of not attending an event due to their Esprit being ill to think again. If you have a nice minty car then leave it at home if the

weather is not to your liking, In most cases you might bag a high speed lift there from an arranged pick up point if you shout beforehand. At worse you will have to make it there in your day car. The great Camaraderie that Kimbers speaks of, is that our social meeting now transcends car ownership, look to future non car related events to back this up.

When we go on a run there is always a seat, and if it's a static show then who even notices their own car being there anyway? I never look twice at mine.

:P

Come along!

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic