Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
LEGS Breakfast 4th May @ Duck Bay Marina - Page 2 - UK - LEGS (Lotus Enthusiast Group Scotland) - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

LEGS Breakfast 4th May @ Duck Bay Marina

Welcome to the forum Arnold (avdb). I will add you to our group PM list so you will receive information on our events.

Look forward to meeting you on Sunday.

Finally got a weekend off with the new job.   See you there :-)

1: bingoking+1
2: Mike C +1
3: Saj
4: Asad
5: Ian C + 1 possibly
6: Margery & John Cherry
7: Alan
8: Andrew and Alister

9: Jason
10: Arnold
11: Duggie & Susan

12: Ozzie + 1

• Like 1

13: Dom (Scottish Elises)

Marge, I hope you mean Sunday as that is the day of the Breakfast meet!

• Like 1

Phew!

14: Jime & Columbine
  • Like 1

15: Ron & Christine

16: Mark L (Scottish Elises)

So we have had a couple of call offs and coupe of additions so stil 16 cars.

3: Saj Colin T (Scottish Elises)

4: Asad IanD (Scottish Elises)

16: Mark L (Scottish Elises)

Arnold, sorry you can't make it to this event but hopefully we will see you in the future.

Margery, no problem keeping up with the numbers. Looking forward to it and the run up to Rest and be Thankful.

Is the run up the Rest and be Thankful on the private road or the public road? A few of us got access to the private road last weekend for a hillclimb - fantastic. The public road still has roadworks, so the going can be slow. Thankfully the views are still great.

Edited by Duggie

If you are interested in travelling through to Duck Bay Marina from the East and fancy a convoy, we are leaving Baxter's Car Park at the Kelty slip road on the M90 at 8:45 sharp.

Click here for the route 

So far:

bingoking

mikec2126

Brian & Isabel Swankie

1. bingoking+1
  2. Mike C +1
  3. Ian C + 1 possibly
  4. Margery & John Cherry
  5. Alan
  6. Andrew and Alister
  7. Jason
  8. Duggie & Susan
  9. Ozzie + 1
  10. Dom (Scottish Elises)
  11. Jim & Columbine
  12. Ron & Christine
  13. Mark L (Scottish Elises)
  14. Brian & Isabel
  15. Dave D (Mazzer) Scottish Elises

As luck would have it I was awake all last night and finally driven to call Scotland's wonderful NHS 24 at 3.15am as I was about to bash my head against a wall to knock myself out to relieve the pain in my mouth and jaw. Just been to the emergency dentist and it turns out I've got an infected root on one of my molars. And there's no short-term fix other than antibiotics, stronger painkillers (nothing from "over the counter" or "on the shelf" had worked) and grinning/bearing it.

I can't open my mouth right now, and concentrating is fairly difficult. So I may or may not be there tomorrow. I will make EVERY effort to do so as I've been looking forward to it. But just a heads up in case; given state of sleep I may not even wake up in time to post that I can't make it. If I can't or don't then asap I'll post here.

Hopefully the antibiotics and painkillers kick in fairly soon and I'll be at Baxter's by 8.30am! :) I just won't be opening my mouth to eat or say anything. Which may be a good thing.

Nothing's kicked in yet. 2.30am and still awake again, bonkersly excruciating pain, now contemplating drinking as much wine as it takes to make me pass out. I'll stay sober though - I won't be at the breakfast I'm pretty sure but *if* I manage to get some sleep and the pain wears off to a point I can concentrate and I feel it's safe for me to drive that far, I'll head over and try to catch y'all for the run up the Rest & Be Thankful at least. GUTTED to be missing out on this one! :( Have fun all.

Well we had a lovely breakfast at Duck Day Marina and they were well organised and ready for us. 15 Lotus cars in total plus a couple of other's and about 30 people. Thanks to John Cherry for arranging this with Duck Bay.

The weather was very disappointing though and we could hardly see the Loch because of the fog. A pretty Dreich day so to speak. We left there for a run up to Rest and be Thankful hoping to get above the fog but alas it was just as dreich up there and really impossible to get decent photo's. A run back to Arrochar Hotel for coffee and scones before some had to head home, me included, while others took the scenic route down Loch Long to Helensburgh.

Some of the cars at Arrochar Hotel

14105909624_f120428800_z.jpg

• Like 2

Shame the weather was so dreich but a good turnout nonetheless!

I managed to get ok'd by NHS 24 and headed out from Fife about 12.30pm but obviously was way too late to see anyone - I did the route from Duck Bay Marina in reverse just in case I spotted you all somewhere, though missed out the spike up to the Rest and Be Thankful as the weather was so atrocious I figured y'all wouldn't be there and nor would a view. Didn't see a whole army of Lotus cars but, as I say, pretty late by the time I made it west.

Passed a couple of Elises (maybe, maybe Exiges, it all happened too fast ;) ) on a blind bend somewhere between Stirling and Balloch. Didn't even have time to wave frantically or flash anything.

Already have The Grassmarket one in my diary for next month, just hoping I don't get another badly-timed medical emergency!

Jason, we saw you on the A811 (about 1:30ish) when we were heading back towards Stirling. You must have been on your way to Duck Bay. We were caught up in some traffic so didn't see you until quite late, but managed to gave you a passing wave. :welcome:

Hope you're feeling better.

• Like 1