Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Wheelarch Expansion Tank - Misc including parts cross references - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Wheelarch Expansion Tank

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a standard blanking cap - no psi, the bottle already vents to air if it gets too full, well....vents to road....as I found out when the dullards who used to service my car put the 2 on around the wrong way - soon as the water got slightly hot it went out of the main tank into the expansion and then out onto the road - fewls.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

It's a standard blanking cap - no psi, the bottle already vents to air if it gets too full, well....vents to road....as I found out when the dullards who used to service my car put the 2 on around the wrong way - soon as the water got slightly hot it went out of the main tank into the expansion and then out onto the road - fewls.

Thanks Johnathan.... sorted!!!

Hi Leighton,

Hows things going - ABS OK? Strange you mention the expansion tank - looked at mine a few days ago. It wobbled around a lot, seems it was only attached with those plastic plugs used to hold trim panels on. It moved so much the cap could hit the struts for the roll cage - I finally found what was making a clanking noise in the car! :blink: Bolted it in properly and all was OK. My cap was very rusty too - where did you get yours from - is it stainless??

Cheers

Gav

Hi Leighton,

Hows things going - ABS OK? Strange you mention the expansion tank - looked at mine a few days ago. It wobbled around a lot, seems it was only attached with those plastic plugs used to hold trim panels on. It moved so much the cap could hit the struts for the roll cage - I finally found what was making a clanking noise in the car! :blink: Bolted it in properly and all was OK. My cap was very rusty too - where did you get yours from - is it stainless??

Cheers

Gav

Hi Gav.

Nice to hear from you .... my local factor has ordered a replacement cap for me , should have it tomorrow .

I think i'll look for a stainless one though !!

After changing the ABS sensor its behaving itself perfectly :P ( 645 miles - Hethel and back , and about

another 100 since ) thanks .

Are you going to Stoneleigh? I've booked into a hotel in Kenilworth .

Cheers

Leighton