Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
MY15 Exige price increase - roadster more expensive? - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

MY15 Exige price increase - roadster more expensive?

TonyKL

Hello all,

I'm looking into swapping my S2 Exige for a V6 and have now been told that the cars have recieved a price increase for the MY15 version.

• MY15 Exige S Coupe - £54,500
  • MY15 Exige S Roadster - £55,500

Does anyone know if any changes to the cars since the MY14 to support the increase?

And wondering why the Roadster is £1K more than the Coupe.  I'd have assumed the Coupe was more due to the hardtop and extra bits, now wondering what the Roadster has that the Coupe is missing?

Edited by TonyKL

Hello all,

I'm looking into swapping my S2 Exige for a V6 and have now been told that the cars have recieved a price increase for the MY15 version.

• MY15 Exige S Coupe - £54,500
  • MY15 Exige S Roadster - £55,500

Does anyone know if any changes to the cars since the MY14 to support the increase?

And wondering why the Roadster is £1K more than the Coupe.  I'd have assumed the Coupe was more due to the hardtop and extra bits, now wondering what the Roadster has that the Coupe is missing?

I don't think there were any changes. I was fortunate enough to be able to order an MY15 Roadster at MY14 prices. The only difference as far as I know is what date you order it.

Official statement by Lotus:

"• Increase of Exige S Roadster to a higher price point than the Coupe, to reflect the car’s market positioning."

There you go. Now just get the Coupe and a softtop.

Or just throw your money away like I did - order a roadster and buy a hard-top for it.  :huh:

(I bought the roadster because I prefer the V6 without the wing and splitter.)

I'm undecided but I thin I prefer the coupe.  

Would be interesting to find out how easy (much £££) a seperate boot lid is so that you can remove the spoiler if you desire.

It's not a huge increase, about 4% overall inc options but that extra few K could be spent on fuel/trackdays  :angry:  

• Like 1

Tailgate. Items 7 & 11 which will be repeated on the other side.

SWLC would fill those holes and paint it for you for about £100 too or you could have it done for free if you were a full TLF member.  :D

Send me a PM if you want more details.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Send me a PM if you want more details.

Thanks but I haven't even ordered the car or chosen a colour yet, can't go buying accessories yet.

Already looking at Larini manifolds  :no

Im assuming the prices listed are excluding the cost of DPM or Premium interior pack? Have these 'options' also gone up in price?

Correct. I've got the 2015 price list here.

Here's the options list (including VAT):

Premium Pack...£2,150

Premium Pack Sport...£1,650

Race Pack...£2,150

Convenience Pack...£395

Air Conditioning...£1,250

Rear Parking Sensors...£395

Heated Seats...£395

Contrast Stitching (Premium Pack Sport required)...£275

Hard Top (Roadster only)...£1,200

Trofeo Tyres...£900

Two-Piece High Performance Brakes...£1,850

Metallic Paint...£700

Premium Paint...£1,450

Motorsport Paint...£2,050

Diamond-Cut Wheels, Cast (17" front and 18" rear)...£395

Correct. I've got the 2015 price list here.

Here's the options list (including VAT):

Premium Pack...£2,150

Premium Pack Sport...£1,650

Race Pack...£2,150

Convenience Pack...£395

Air Conditioning...£1,250

Rear Parking Sensors...£395

Heated Seats...£395

Contrast Stitching (Premium Pack Sport required)...£275

Hard Top (Roadster only)...£1,200

Trofeo Tyres...£900

Two-Piece High Performance Brakes...£1,850

Metallic Paint...£700

Premium Paint...£1,450

Motorsport Paint...£2,050

Diamond-Cut Wheels, Cast (17" front and 18" rear)...£395

Some of those options (heated seats, rear parking & convenience pack that i know of) are the same as they were earlier in the year (same as listed on ours), which was before the price increase.

• Like 1

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

• 2 weeks later...

Could you just order the roadster without the rear wing?? Or does the nanny state prevent this?

You mean "the coupe"?

Very doubtful.. or it should be limited to 230 kph.  Oh wait, it's a roadster with a hardtop then... back to square one :guitar:

Yes, but do you think Lotus will let you have a coupe, not limited, without rear wing?

I didn't much like the wing at first... but now I do like it a lot.  I does indeed look somewhat strange without the roof tho'

Edited by Milton1

yes I meant can you get the coupe without the rear wing (sorry)...then just add soft-top...

lets face it your unlikely to be doing the sort of speeds the soft-top will come off, on uk roads...

and you do it on track with the soft top then you deserve all you get.

construction and property consultants : My company

The car would lose its certification if they did that, so the answer will always be NO.

For certification in Europe the car must be safe at any speed it can reach, or, in other words, its speed must be limited such as to ensure safety.

"deserve all you get" is NOT approvable.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower!