Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
UN1 Secondary Shaft Disassembly - Problem - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

UN1 Secondary Shaft Disassembly - Problem

I have the manual and it is very clear on the disassembly steps. However, I've been told that it is just about impossible to press off the 1st/2nd synchro assembly without bending the brass 2nd gear synchro ring.  The synchro assembly is mated to the secondary shaft via splines which have an interference fit, which requires a press to remove.  The 2nd gear synchro ring is sandwiched between the 2nd gear and the 1st/2nd synchro assembly, the press is used to drive the secondary shaft through the 1st/2nd synchro assembly and the 2nd gear.  Apparently the 2nd gear synchro ring is not supported evenly, so the synchro ring gets bent during this step. This makes no sense to me! Has anybody else experienced this problem, if so what can be done? Lotus synchro rings are getting very scarce.

The Older I get the Faster I was

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Sanj,

I spoke with Dave Simkin of Lotus and he says Lotus has not experienced any problem like I mentioned. So, this is good news. I am installing the Holloway upgrade. Nice to know you have a synchro ring if I need it, I'll let you know when I get it apart. 

The Older I get the Faster I was