Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Mazda MX5 headlamp convertion. Working drawing for Elite 75? - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Mazda MX5 headlamp convertion. Working drawing for Elite 75?

I initially listed this enquiry on the Lotus General Chat forum and had little success.

Somewhere, whilst looking for something else, I read about fitting Mazda MX5 headlamp lift motors to replace the vacuum system on an Elite S1. My vacuum pods are excessively corroded.

I have searched and searched to find the thread again but to no avail.

What I need is someone who has done the conversion to help me out.

I am sure given time I would be able to work it out but owing to all the other work I need to do on this car time is a precious commodity.

A working drawing of the mounting brackets and alterations to the operating rods would be fantastic.

How the wiring is configured is also needed.

So Guys, Help please.

Any help would be appreciated.

(so far I have some info from an Elan forum re the wiring)

Adrian

Edited by dixi4uk

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

+2, and I'm not talking about the big Elan. I've just picked up a running basket case '75 Elite and I'm not going to even bother with servicing the vacuum system-- I'm going straight for the electrons. I'm probably also going to use the Miata (MX-5) override switch to raise and lower the lamps and maybe even use the ventilation controls out of the Elan clone.

I have all the parts needed to do an MX5 conversion relays switches etc, and a full circuit diagram. But i dont have a garage i can get in.I go to work in the dark and get home in the dark this time of year so i wont be doing my conversion just yet. The circuit diagram is on A5. If i can get it onto A4 i will try and put it on line. As an old fart this may take some time. If i can get the diagram copied i will send it to anyone who wants it.

All the best Clive

I have all the parts needed to do an MX5 conversion relays switches etc, and a full circuit diagram. But i dont have a garage i can get in.I go to work in the dark and get home in the dark this time of year so i wont be doing my conversion just yet. The circuit diagram is on A5. If i can get it onto A4 i will try and put it on line. As an old fart this may take some time. If i can get the diagram copied i will send it to anyone who wants it.

All the best Clive

There is an updated thread that explains, with photos, how to construct the brackets, where to mount and a detailed wiring instruction.

This info was given by Black Eclat a couple of weeks back. It is extremely informative and must have taken Mike some time to compile. It is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Adrian