Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Can you use a (GB) sticker in the rear window - Exige V6 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Can you use a (GB) sticker in the rear window - Exige V6

Just wondering if anyone has tried placing any stickers in the rear window of the V6 (might apply to evora too?) as I wondered whether they would melt in the heat from the engine.

I need to get a (GB) sticker (I won't have one on my plates) for the V6 and thought the rear window would be the best place for it but concerned that it would melt?

PS: Apologies for all these silly V6 topics, it's keeping me busy whilst I'm waiting for mine to be built, idle hands and all that!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Tony... sorry not a direct answer to your question. However I never have a GB sticker on any car and travel around Europe very often (about 10 - 15 times a year). For some reason in 2013/14 I got pulled in France 5 times, never actually doing anything wrong (OK once for doing 145kph in a LR back to the tunnel where they were pulling every Brit car) and not once did they mention the lack of GB sticker, all they were interested in were driving documents and High Visibility vests.

• Like 1

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

Thanks, I've always just had a GB on the reg plate but my new plates I decided to keep them clean (bought a cheapo sad EX15E plate) and thought the only other plate to put one was the windscreen (not used to this with a S2 240PP).  I don't mind driving without one but I just think the less reasons to be pulled the better.

Oh, love the picture with 3 V6s in, drool!

Edited by TonyKL

Thanks, I've always just had a GB on the reg plate but my new plates I decided to keep them clean (bought a cheapo sad EX15E plate) and thought the only other plate to put one was the windscreen (not used to this with a S2 240PP).  I don't mind driving without one but I just think the less reasons to be pulled the better.

Oh, love the picture with 3 V6s in, drool!

You can buy stickers for the reg plates then just take them off when you return to keep your plates clean.