Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Excel SE 1985 Rear Brake Bleed Nipple - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Excel SE 1985 Rear Brake Bleed Nipple

As I'm not getting an answer on my old posting about broken brake pipe, I've started a new specific topic.

I'm hoping that someone can confirm that M7 x 1 bleed nipples I have ordered are correct?
They are 27mm long, with 8mm nut size and circa 9-10mm of thread.
The length is good as compared to what's on there now - just hoping it's 7mm not 6mm.
Thxs          

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 99% sure it is M7 from memory.

I followed the brakeworld catalogue which suggested it was M10 and it was much smaller.

I popped down to my local motor factors and bought a selection. I'm pretty sure it was metric 7mm. Size of nut doesn't matter as there are no clearance issues. Google search for supra 2.8i bleed nipple for confirmation ( but obviously ignore brake world)

Thanks Duncan,

Your thought process was much of what I tried.

I found Toyota Celica/Supra front and back bleed nipples (slightly different front and back from the image supplied) but it didn't specify the dimensions. I might just order them anyway £5.50 (I can afford it) as my main objective is to complete the task this coming weekend and I would hate to have ordered the wrong parts.  

The M7 x 1 are indeed a perfect fit.

I started by replacing the rear nipples first with my father in law kindly offering to pump the brakes inside the car.

I thought I had the wrong nipples to start with as no fluid was coming out when he pushed down.

I swapped sides and the same problem.

I then put the old nipples back on to bleed the brakes, but again no fluid coming out when he pumped!

After 20 mins of faffing the obvious dawned on me. Barry I asked, your not pushing the clutch are you?

Aaaaahhh! sorry.

The message to members here is don't let someone do the pumping with fat feet and that are not used to peddles being closer together.

Doh.

Good you caught it.  Worse would have been cracking fittings under the car back to the master cylinder looking for a blockage, then finding out he was pumping the clutch.