Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
How long have you owned your Esprit? - Page 3 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

How long have you owned your Esprit?

GordonMasson

Wow! That interior looks like it just left the factory! What year is your car?

-Dave

Hi Dave,my Lotus is a 1977 original S1,it,s first registration was 600LOT and it was the Bell & Coalvil turbo development car( it had the turbo removed but you can see by the cut outs in the body where it was fitted) .

The interior is in magnolia leather which I had done approx 4 yrs ago,it was quite expensive ,so you can see I look after it a lot.the original was brown & beige,it was rotten.I use the car nearly every day thus I wanted an interior that was up to date and I would enjoy.Paul G

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday I was talking to a good friend of mine,who also used to own a concourse white S1.He had his car for over 20 yrs and only sold it to further his rallying hobby.He kept in touch with the owner of his old car because he was a genuine guy and would help with any problems if any arose.

Ufortunatley the person who he sold the car to had died. Low and behold a while ago my friend received a call from the solicitors of the owner of his old Esprit and it transpires that he has left his Esprit to my friend in his will.Although it is sad news ,it I nice to see a car to go back to an old entheusiast.If he can get the car MOT,d in Ireland it would be nice for me to take him over there in my S1 and bring it back,Paul G

11 years now - and I'm 40...

Wouldn't sell her for anything! :)

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' and 1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 286,000 miles and counting!

I've owned mine for 17 years now and will never sell her/it. Before that I had two lotus Europa's, one that I wrote off as I couldn't afford fully comp insurance at the time and the other I restored using bits from the crashed car.

Funny I looked at all the bills over the years for the Esprit and they really are not that much. The car has never broken down or been refurbished. The costliest thing ever to go was the exhaust manifold (x2). Ok it's not my main car but so long as its regularly serviced (I'm lucky enough to have Gerald Turner service the Esprit), it looks the muts nuts just drives as it should - perfect.

I hope to pass teh Esprit down the family tree but one daughter is called Elise so the wife's Elise is obviously going her way so I'm hoping that the other daughter will like wedge shaped lotuses..

Bazza

Yesterday I was talking to a good friend of mine,who also used to own a concourse white S1.He had his car for over 20 yrs and only sold it to further his rallying hobby.He kept in touch with the owner of his old car because he was a genuine guy and would help with any problems if any arose.

Ufortunatley the person who he sold the car to had died. Low and behold a while ago my friend received a call from the solicitors of the owner of his old Esprit and it transpires that he has left his Esprit to my friend in his will.Although it is sad news ,it I nice to see a car to go back to an old entheusiast.If he can get the car MOT,d in Ireland it would be nice for me to take him over there in my S1 and bring it back,Paul G

Wow what a fantastic ,... well no thats not the word for it under the circumstaces but its a great outcome from a sad situation.

Future Posted Image

I'm 37 and have owned my S2 for just under a year.

And what a year it's been...

*I plan on writing more about my first year of ownership, but now I'm at work and should be paying attention. Look for it soon.

I've owned the Turbo for nearly 1 year, the S3 has been mine for 2 years (I think) and I'm 35 so I argue too young for a mid-life crisis, I'm merely ensuringt hat when it comes along I have the car that suits it.

Andy

I bought my first an 85 turbo in 1997 when the wife was pregnant, I was 31. I kept it for a year and traded for a new GT3. This lasted about six months and I bought a 96 V8, ex GKP. Kept this for three years and sold it when I had the liner problem.

I bought my current one in 2005 and have no plans to sell, I'll be 41 this year.

Regards

Fred