Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Best exhaust for 02 esprit - Induction/Turbo/Manifold/Exhaust - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Best exhaust for 02 esprit

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do it!!!

Call Jeff at JAE 805-867-5767 for the pipes and Johan Hybinette for the ECU (Extremeesprit.com)

Have fun with the new ride!

Hi i am new but i had a awsome 97 esprit and now i have a 02 on its way. i would like to put the red ecu and a quicksilver exhaust? Opions PLEASE!!! :)

Do it!!!

Call Jeff at JAE 805-867-5767 for the pipes and Johan Hybinette for the ECU (Extremeesprit.com)

Have fun with the new ride!

Thanks i will!! What about the blow of valves? And has anyone heard the quicksilver exhaust?

Thanks i will!! What about the blow of valves? And has anyone heard the quicksilver exhaust?

people keep using the term "exhaust" as if the esprit actually has one haha. There is not exhaust on the esprits, its just a boxed straight pipe. really the only thing there is are cats. If you want improved sound & performance, go with a 200 cell cat, larger diameter 2.5" piping, and a small resonator type exhaust (to help smoothen out the sound and improve sound quality. The best system, will be a custom one. hope that helps.

Foget the exhaust, all you need are straight pipes after the cat's (if you have any). Bimmabimma is spot on, best solution is custom and will also be cheaper than quicksilver, Tubbi etc.

Edited by fmxa
Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

Foget the exhaust, all you need are straight pipes after the cat's (if you have any). Bimmabimma is spot on, best solution is custom and will also be cheaper than quicksilver, Tubbi etc.

Great but who makes a custom one? :)

Ditto what Gonzalo said - there's not too much to an Esprit exhaust after the cats, so any good muffler shop can put you one together. If you're in SoCal let me know and I'll put you in touch with the place I used.

A local exhaust shop willing to work on the Esprit.

Great but who makes a custom one? :)

anyone, thats why its custom :) . If you are paying anything more than $250 for a custom exhaust you are getting ripped off, especially on this esprit where there really isn't anything more than a few mandrel bends. WITH high flow cats and resonators the max you are looking at spending is $250-300 tops. I have done many posts before as to what components you could use. a 2.5" system would really help benefit the car and the high flow cats should really help flow considering the stock ones are basically 600-cell bricks.

Just bear in mind that the springs and dampers are designed to include the weight of the factory exhaust box and the 'box also gives some form of airflow smoothing effect to the underside of the car when at highish speeds.

Neither of these issue are probably hugely important but they are something to consider.

Ditto what Gonzalo said - there's not too much to an Esprit exhaust after the cats, so any good muffler shop can put you one together. If you're in SoCal let me know and I'll put you in touch with the place I used.

Great i am in orange county. I have heard of lotus by claudius? any thoughts

I've always used Viking Motorsports in Costa Mesa (www.vikingmotorsports.com) and I'm very happy with them - plenty of free advice/help, drop by and check them out. The muffler shop I use is Mesa Muffler on Harbor Blvd - good prices and usually quick service.

Mesa Muffler Service

2177 Harbor Blvd

Costa Mesa, CA 92627

949 548 5600

Be careful if you're buying cheap catalytic's off EBay as most are not California smog compliant! If you're interested in getting together we usually meet Saturday AM at the Cars & Coffee thing near the Spectrum (now CC is dead) - were in OC are you?

Great i am in orange county. I have heard of lotus by claudius? any thoughts

yes that is true, u california guys have alot more to worry about but the rest of us 49 staters have alot more wiggle room. Yes, without exhaust its not as aerodynamic but honestly i think if you were to somehow make a lower rear valence it would perform much better than stock. 20-30lbs removed won't be too big of an issue as far as weight balance. If you really want you can remove the spare tire in the front or something like that.

I've always used Viking Motorsports in Costa Mesa (www.vikingmotorsports.com) and I'm very happy with them - plenty of free advice/help, drop by and check them out. The muffler shop I use is Mesa Muffler on Harbor Blvd - good prices and usually quick service.

Mesa Muffler Service

2177 Harbor Blvd

Costa Mesa, CA 92627

949 548 5600

Be careful if you're buying cheap catalytic's off EBay as most are not California smog compliant! If you're interested in getting together we usually meet Saturday AM at the Cars & Coffee thing near the Spectrum (now CC is dead) - were in OC are you?

I live in villa park, I know gordon and have met with some of the LA club guys before. I would love to meet you at cc when the car gets here. My regular email is julian-mallin@excite.com let me know when you are meeting?

Julian