Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
How does an esprit end up with 5 previous owners in less than 3 years from new? - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

How does an esprit end up with 5 previous owners in less than 3 years from new?

arbell9

Alex - i sat in your car when it was new, unregistered at Kings in warwick in their showroom. In fact, i did a deal with alastair barton (who later worked at nick whales) to buy the car, agreed over the phone late one friday night. I rang them back on sat morning to be told the car was already sold (complete bollocks, but alastairs boss, can't remember his name, was a dodgy fucker and also an utter wanker). To this day i don't think it was actually already sold - just that he thought he could get more for it elsewhere.

I ended up buying a (then) 2 yr old gt3, also green, from chris neils. I was not at all upset when kings went bust and closed.

When the car was in the showroom, it didn't have the spoiler on. This was i think fitted by the first owner.

Did it look better without the spoiler? I hate dealers who pratt about on deals. Once you are in to buy a car, you have expended emotional energy. If they pull out it should be enshrined in law so that we can give them a free smack in the mouth.

A.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: Changed the plate on my esprit a few months ago and yes, it gained another owner!!

Why do some simple things turn into a complicated mess?

Suppose its time to write the letter........................... :)

I changed my number in December ,and the number of owners stayed the same .

BUT....... I do know that the number of stated previous owners ( 4 ) on the V5 is wrong due to

previous number changes .

Seems that its a bit of a lottery !!!!! :)