Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
s2 Exige head rebuilt - problems - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

s2 Exige head rebuilt - problems

I've just had the head rebuild on my NA s2 exige (2zz). It was in at a garage but unfortunately it has returned with a good few problems. The work done was for a dropped valve but ended up being a head refurb including valves and cam replacement

I've been working through the issues but among the remaining major problems is a particularly nasty oil leak that appears to be coming from where the head meets the block (HG area).  Obviously I'd rather not return the car to the same garage so I will be investigating myself or taking to another garage depending on the outcome. What I'd like to know is the following:-

1) Any other potential oil leak causes in this area other than the HG?

2) Can the head bolts be torqued/checked without removing the cams?

Any advice extremely appreciated, I'm hoping it's not a head off job but will just have to see.

Cheers,

Dunc.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic