Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
My 1976 Elite 504 - garage find not barn find ! - Projects & Restorations - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

My 1976 Elite 504 - garage find not barn find !

Hi, I'm Charlie from Aberdeen and I've got an 1976 Elite 504 as a restoration project.

The car has been off the road since the mid 1980s, luckily it has been dry stored most of this time so the interior and chassis are in good condition.  Unfortunately I don't have an engine for the car, I believe it was put off the road due to engine trouble in the 80s and the original 907 is long lost.  The previous owner had a Rover V8 conversion planned.

I'd like to get a Lotus engine to keep the car original but finding a good complete one at reasonable cost isn't proving too easy especially in my part of the world. 

At the moment I'm doing small jobs to the car to get things looking and working better while I keep an eye out for an engine.  

I've been doing a lot of reading on this forum and already it's been very helpful in identifying bits and reassembling things.  

NfpD1j.jpg

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the forums!

I'd suggest you have a chat to John Walsh. He is local and might be able to point you in the right direction for a 907. His partner Wendy does most of the organising for Lotus North East Scotland - so they are good people to know.