Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit S1 electrics - specifically the indicators - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit S1 electrics - specifically the indicators

I'm just getting my 78 S1 Esprit back together after a bit of a long awaited restoration. The car hasn't been driven since 1987 and not started since 2008 when I started stripping it down. I had the body off and am now reassembling it (you cant rush these things).

I got most of the electrics to reluctantly come back into life (light pods one at a time like a drunken pirate and windows coaxed into life after numerous attempts and a bit of physical assistance) the only things  that I can get to work is the indicators and hazard lights and the heater fan.

Can anyone please tell me where or which one the flasher unit is for the indicators so I can work out from there where it goes and if it has power etc.? Following wiring is difficult at the best of times but laying upside down with no room at all is doing my back in and i'm not getting any younger so any help would be appreciated.

While I am on the subject I don't suppose anyone has a breakdown on which fuses drive what in the S1?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Frank

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The flashers are on the metal cross beam to the left of the steering wheel (assuming as RHD car). I think the indicator one is the circular one (not 100% sure though). A common problem is that the hazzard switch should have a pair of terminals which are short circuit when the switch is off. That supplies power to the indicators and without it they won't work. You also have to have the front and back bulbs fitted or the load won't be enough to make the flasher work correctly.

Paul.

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire