Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Harness Bar - Install Query - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Harness Bar - Install Query

installing the vBar Harness bar from Seriously Lotus/Sector111.

On install I found the seat belt bolts have a washer of about 5mm thick (about the same thickness as the harness bar mounting plate)

Do I keep the washer on with the harness bar installed (if so which side of the bar do I have the washer)?

Or bolt the harness bar with no washer?

Thoughts...

www.alias23.com

• 5 months later...

Hi Imran,

I know you didn't get a reply to your question on here, but I'd be interested to know how what you did in the end, and if you have any advice for fitting this as I'm thinking about fitting one.

cheers

Dave

That's just fine

Good question I can't remember what I did now but everything is still extremely tight and had no issues. I'll check and come back to you when I'm next in the garage tinkering ;)

What I would say is that I'm very happy with the v-force bar it's excellent quality and works perfectly!

www.alias23.com

• 1 year later...

Alias23,

Would you mind posting a picture of your v-force bar installed ?

I can not imagine the result, with its specific shape (not straight).

Edited by RS4ever

6 hours ago, RS4ever said:

Alias23,

Would you mind posting a picture of your v-force bar installed ?

I can not imagine the result, with its specific shape (not straight).

Just popped to the garage so not taken in the best light... forgive the car being in bits but at least you can see the bars position.

3B1D1C09-4F61-491D-B8CA-1CD74C3166DD.thumb.jpeg.28e9a08bceea9309a7353ad2c5b53cbb.jpeg6A8E731A-51CD-4846-A289-6B89942D7E79.thumb.jpeg.a8f7103a3fbac615d54fae810e7cce10.jpeg

Obviously the harness bar fits without a problem regardless of having the rear plastic back panel or not (in my case).

I am still very happy with the bar.

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

6 hours ago, GFWilliams said:

You took your whole car apart to save weight and kept the cup holder? :lol:

Haha true but it’s not really a cup holder it’s more somewhere to put your keys! It also weighs next to nothing and matches the same setup as the Cup. I would have also kept the centre console but as you know it doesn’t fit given how forward I have my Tillets.

www.alias23.com

17 minutes ago, RS4ever said:

Is there any counter-argument for a car equipped with the sound insulation behind the seats ?

Unsure what your asking buddy. The rear panel and sound insulation is just under 5Kg of weight (see half way down this post). The Cup has it removed as standard. It is quite a bit noisier on the road without it though!

www.alias23.com

1 hour ago, RS4ever said:

I just wanted to know whether the v-force bar can be fitted with the sound insulation in place behind the seats, or not.

The old v-force bar was from S111 and I previously stocked them.

I found that it restricted seat movement by about 2-3 notches

I now have a UK sourced/ produced part that allows full seat movement, whilst still keep all of the cars interior still in tact

https://www.seriouslylotus.com/v6-harness-bar

This link still shows the older version, sorry. Will upload a new picture as soon as I get chance

2 hours ago, alias23 said:

Haha true but it’s not really a cup holder it’s more somewhere to put your keys! It also weighs next to nothing and matches the same setup as the Cup.

Correct, though primarily it's because it's used to house the fire extinguisher control box! I always found that a useful place for my sunglasses in previous Lotii.

sorry to hijack this topic, but ... As my car is a long journeys car (as well as an hairdress car :whistle:) , I don't need a harness bar, but I'm looking for luggage space ... is the rear panel thick ? would it be an option to remove it and just carpet the body ? I'd like to fit the soft top behind the seats to leave the boot empty, and even if it is doable with the rear panel, it is very tight and I assume the top could be damaged on a long term ... and I don't particularly love the rear panel, which is flimsy and often squeaks :ph34r:

@French Frie if you look at my build thread you’ll see a picture of the sound insulation it is quite dense.

2 hours ago, Seriouslylotus said:

What about the sound deadening material stuck to the rear bulk head?

Tut Tut Tut!!!!!

Didn’t know about that I’ll have to investigate!

2 hours ago, Arun_D said:

Correct, though primarily it's because it's used to house the fire extinguisher control box! I always found that a useful place for my sunglasses in previous Lotii.

Ahhh that’s where they put it! Is the control hidden away or visible?

www.alias23.com

On 06/12/2017 at 14:46, Seriouslylotus said:

I now have a UK sourced/ produced part that allows full seat movement, whilst still keep all of the cars interior still in tact

This link still shows the older version, sorry. Will upload a new picture as soon as I get chance

Dave,

It would be great if you could send me some pictures of your new v-force bar, and confirm me it's compatible to the rear panel (I don't want to remove it as alias23).

I need a new harness bar cause in one week I'll change my Sienna Brown V6S '15 for a Sport 350 '16.

Best regards,

Anthony

On 12/6/2017 at 13:46, Seriouslylotus said:

hmm seems i may have found myself a christmas present

• Like 1