Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Primary Injector Dimensions - ECU/Freescan/Espritmon - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Primary Injector Dimensions

sailorbob

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just unpacked them but I don't know which are the primary, and which ones are the secondary injectors. I bought them with a load of other stuff from Nigel here on TLF when I first bought the car, and they've been in storage ever since, so I've never looked at them.

They all measure up the same, anyway.

Length between O-ring groove centres - 67.5mm (tricky to measure that one)

O-ring outside diameter 14.5mm

Overall body diameter - 24.5mm

Now I just have to find out which ones are which -

image_zpskot5ppfu.jpeg

Edited by ian29gte

Margate Exotics.

The secondaries on my 89SE look like this.  The primaries look the same except for the blue clip.  The bottom of the injector is shiny rather than black. 

P5260114.JPG

I also measured mine at 67mm o-ring to o-ring.

Edited by Vulcan Grey

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

For anyone interested, the injectors with the blue and black rings are indeed the primaries, and are etched 5235364, the ones with the double black are the secondaries, etched 17985543. Note, these are for my S4s.

The primaries all measure 2.7 ohms, the two secondaries both measure 16.8 ohms. The temperature is about 14C, rather than 60C, however.

Margate Exotics.

Thanks Chris.

Ian, those primary injector resistances are high, especially as resistance increases with temperature.

Yes, they are. Although they are all the same, which makes me less nervous. I'm going to measure them with another meter in a while.

i had thought about sticking them in the oven at 60C, and then measuring them, but the missus is home now, and I reckon I've missed the opportunity.

Margate Exotics.

Just used my other, newer, test meter and I'm getting 2.1 ohms for primaries, and 16.1 ohms for secondaries. I've checked a primary and a secondary on the car itself, and the readings match those. So I reckon they're all good.

Edited by ian29gte

Margate Exotics.

• 1 year later...
On ‎25‎/‎09‎/‎2015 at 17:09, ian29gte said:

Just used my other, newer, test meter and I'm getting 2.1 ohms for primaries, and 16.1 ohms for secondaries. I've checked a primary and a secondary on the car itself, and the readings match those. So I reckon they're all good.

Was this a new set of SE injectors?  If so can you let me know where you got them please?

1 hour ago, ian29gte said:

Maybe someone else could answer this, as the ones I have are all used.

I really only need 2 of the original type injectors as 2 of mine were ok. If anyone has replaced a set and still has the originals I'd be interested in buying them. 

28 minutes ago, Dave Freeman said:

Just checked Jeremy and I have afraid I must have exchanged mine rather that buying a new set, has anyone managed to find one or two to replace your failed injectors

DAVE

Thanks Dave. I've ordered 2 from a guy in Germany who was advertising on eBay. Fingers crossed I can make up a set of 4. 

A correction to the O ring size; they have approx. an 8 mm internal diameter and appear to have a cross sectional diameter of 3.53 mm.

These have a larger outside diameter than the more common 14.5 mm O rings because the injector O ring bore in inlet manifold is approx. 14.12 mm.

They appear to cross reference to a variety of Buick, Chevrolet, Oldsmobile and Pontiac vehicles.

On ‎29‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 22:25, Jeremytb said:

I really only need 2 of the original type injectors as 2 of mine were ok. If anyone has replaced a set and still has the originals I'd be interested in buying them. 

Ah, OK, now I understand.

I have a complete set of used originals, but I don't want to split the set, so I hope you get sorted.

Margate Exotics.

1 hour ago, ian29gte said:

Ah, OK, now I understand.

I have a complete set of used originals, but I don't want to split the set, so I hope you get sorted.

Do I recall somebody here suggesting an upgrade for the standard injector set with an improved spray pattern? Travis? Derek?

Margate Exotics.

2 hours ago, ian29gte said:

Do I recall somebody here suggesting an upgrade for the standard injector set with an improved spray pattern? Travis? Derek?

I think I'm sorted for now - just got to try to make up an injector tester to work out which ones are good.  Does anyone know off hand what the rail pressure should be?  I'm hoping to then run them one at a time and match up the ones which have similar flow rates for a given pulse stream.

I made up an injector tester out of a weed killer sprayer and drilled in a tyre valve as this could easily take 2 bar. I also brought an injector electrical tester which pulses them in different modes. I tested the 10 I now have acquired and found 6 that work and seem to deliver the same amount of fuel over 10 sec. 

4 are back in the car and it is running better than it ever did with the Five-O injectors. 

IMG_4290.mp4