Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
My engine removal thread - Page 4 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

My engine removal thread

Needs a good clean after sitting idle so long, the muck is stuck to the bodywork inside and out. Also, on the way to the MOT I needed to use the wiper, which had apparently bonded itself to the glass and tore clean off! Luckily had a spare available. Needless to say the next thousand miles will be taken very carefully, as I am mindful of a thread (Alex's?) where an Esprit suffered unexpected and catastrophic belt failure very soon after an engine out job.

Now there is time to reflect I'll post up some pics in this rather image barren thread. There is very little I can add to Ian's brilliant topic about his S4s, but there are a few observations/experiences which may help anyone considering this task avoid a few pitfalls. Ian should be commended not only on his abilities with a spanner, but his commitment to providing a running commentary!

Lotus cars can fight you all the way (mine has to the very last bolt) and sometimes after a frustrating weekend or midnight session the last thing you want to do is relive the whole thing in technicolour! Thanks to everyone on this forum who takes the effort to help others learn from their hard work.

• Like 1

In the garage no-one can hear you scream