Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What's the best Straight through exhaust? - Induction/Turbo/Manifold/Exhaust - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What's the best Straight through exhaust?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, any competent muffler shop should be able to make you one up.

Yep, any competent muffler shop should be able to make you one up.

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

Hi Grant,

IMHO the very best setup is a pair of high flow metal cats and an exhaust/silencer of your choice. IMHO, the stock exhaust (=silencer/muffler) is not the most restricting part, actually the stock one is fairly good flowing. The stock ceramic brick like cats is the achilles heel, indeed. These are very restricting and virtually plug the whole exhaust path. Moreso these parts are very prone to fail badly :D

If you like you can get some infos here:

http://freudhoefer.de/lotus/esprit/product...haust/index.htm

http://freudhoefer.de/lotus/esprit/product...Cat%20pipes.htm

Cheers

Marcus

Guys

In people's experience what is the best straight through, turbos back, exhaust system? Looking to junk the heavy silencer and the cats of the standard system.

Thanks

Grant

Edited by Paula&Marcus

Marcus

We have done a few different combinations on the 4cyl and the v8's. I prefer the Magnaflow Magnapacks w/o cats either with or w/o center exit. No mufflers at all seemed a bit loud for my taste, and magnapacks are minimal in packing so they are not too quiet.

We have done a few different combinations on the 4cyl and the v8's. I prefer the Magnaflow Magnapacks w/o cats either with or w/o center exit. No mufflers at all seemed a bit loud for my taste, and magnapacks are minimal in packing so they are not too quiet.

Well, if you want to hear the sound of a straight 2 magnaflo without cat

http://www.mjmturbos.com/images/EspritMagnaflo.avi

I can say, the sound is like a deep tone of Howard stern and as obnoxious as Howard too.

Guys

In people's experience what is the best straight through, turbos back, exhaust system? Looking to junk the heavy silencer and the cats of the standard system.

Thanks

Grant

Random Technology Stainless Race cats with stainless brick. Add a resonator of your choice to tone it down a bit. I have the stainless Aero Turbines. Whole set up is quite inexpensive.

Craig

2001 Esprit V8

1985 911 Carrera converted to 1974 RSR IROC race car

1967 Chevrolet Camaro SS350 convertible (goes fast and straight - limited handling!)

www.hollowayperformance.com