Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
350 Roadster has new front clamshell? - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

350 Roadster has new front clamshell?

StephVG

I just noticed on the Geneva show pics that the Roadster's clamshell seems to be a different shape to any I've seen before (on V6S and V6S Roadster or on 350 Coupé), with the "boot" part a different shape. Have I missed something?

29505_LOTUS EXIGE_IMAGE3 SMALL.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well spotted. I wonder if Lotus will put this on the other Exige models?

isn't it just the access cover that's been redesigned? Front clam looks the same.

It looks like the exact same front clamshell.  Instead of having a "fixed" (i.e., screwed-on) radiator grille attached TO the upper clamshell - with a lift-off services panel - Lotus  appear to have deleted the fixed grille and incorporated it within an enlarged services panel.

Cleaning the radiator finning - and removing leaves from the upper "crap-catcher" - should not require the continued services of a Torx scredriver!

Update: The March Parts List includes details of the new "lightweight" Sport 350 rear hatch - but doesn't appear to Illustrate the new front services access panel.

Edited by LotusPilot

The clam is the same although I think Lotus now use lighter clams on all Exiges compared with the earlier V6 models. The only difference is the inspection panel which is simply a different shape and the same as the one on the 360 CUP. It looks great on the CUP but I'm not sure it works as well in the body colour. Just my opinion.