Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Elise LCD Dash - Page 3 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Elise LCD Dash

£500 is the target sales price

and that price is looking achievable as the first test batch of dashes has now come off the production line .

Dylan's dragon screen will not be in the release version

It's an extra screen uploaded to the base system , which is one of the dashes features 

Dash owners can upload new screens into the library to be loaded on demand when switching screens . 

14 minutes ago, NW76 said:

How much is it?!? Is this going to work with the Exige V6 as well?

Yes it should work in the v6 exige , and if there are any issues I will fix them .

i believe one of the testers on my list has a v6 exige so it's to proven soon enough 

2 minutes ago, NW76 said:

Cool! Will all the standard dash functions be covered? E.g. DPM Modes? Warning Lights? Exhaust Valve Position? Etc ...

I have tested the canbus messages 

it can be seen on my last video

so EX.OPEN and EX.SHUT are covered and anything else displayed in that location. 

i don't have the full screen launch control messages yet as I don't have any data on that , 

if someone needs that feature I will add a logger to capture the data sent to decipher later 

About 8 min into the video

• 2 weeks later...

Hya, 

Nice work Gar!

My stack unit mileage counter seems to have a developed a mind of its own mileage wise, winding back and forth as it sees fit, damaged perhaps due to a bad connex somewhere on the starter feed/earth..  Anyway, my car is heavily modified and runs an Emerald K6. Will the dash unit be compatible with this unit? Which other 3rd party sensor systems manufacturers are compatible, ie map, temp press etc with your dash?

Put me on the short list too :-)

Dov

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/01/2017 at 11:05, dov said:

Hya, 

Nice work Gar!

My stack unit mileage counter seems to have a developed a mind of its own mileage wise, winding back and forth as it sees fit, damaged perhaps due to a bad connex somewhere on the starter feed/earth..  Anyway, my car is heavily modified and runs an Emerald K6. Will the dash unit be compatible with this unit? Which other 3rd party sensor systems manufacturers are compatible, ie map, temp press etc with your dash?

Put me on the short list too :-)

Dov

At the moment emerald k6 will not work due to the canbus being 29bit 

the system is setup for 11bit at the moment . This took care of most canbus implementations out there .

i.e megasquirt started as 29bit but then introduced an 11bit option later to keep inline with standard configs. 

i wanted to avoid the extra complication of using both , but since discovering emerald is 29bit and emerald is popular in the Elise it will now be introduced .

Emerald support should be finished for first release,  just waiting for a K6 to arrive on loan

I have a question I'm hoping I could get an approximate answer on

How many S1 Elise were sold ?

It looks like an 8 inch screen could be squeezed into the S2 onwards, I have parts arriving soon to test this

but it will not fit into the S1,

so the option is to

1. maintain a 7 and 8 inch solution ,  (7 inch would fit all)

2. go 8 inch only and get a larger cowl made for the s1

3. cut into the s1 cowl to make clearance for the corners of the screen.

7 inch and if it fits with the VX220 Architecture, which I'm sure you confirmed, you can have my money tomorrow.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I forgot about the VX220 , It has the same cowl over the Instrument cluster as the S1 ?

Just now, garw said:

I forgot about the VX220 , It has the same cowl over the Instrument cluster as the S1 ?

I just checked for myself , different but the same style and the 8 inch will not fit

I will maintain the 7 and 8 inch

Yup, 7 inch is fine. Your partner/wife whatever is just being greedy if they insist on 8!

Sure you said you had a VX220 configuration too......

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 minute ago, C8RKH said:

Yup, 7 inch is fine. Your partner/wife whatever is just being greedy if they insist on 8!

Sure you said you had a VX220 configuration too......

Yes I remember checking the dash , I have one in my sample box

I just forgot about  how it fits in the car

• 2 weeks later...

Question on aftermarket ECU's

The current  MIL, Oil pressure warning lamp  on Elise are on the canbus in newer cars

If an aftermarket ECU is fitted then these warning lamps are lost ,

how are you guys managing with this ?

I have an emerald ecu and its working OK with the necessary change to my code to accommodate the 29 bit canbus

but in integrating that it dawned on me that these warning lamps will be lost

naturally pre canbus cars S1 S2 k series will have no issue

Edited by garw

I love the7". When can I buy one for my VX220?

The small print.

On 3/17/2017 at 07:17, C8RKH said:

I love the7". When can I buy one for my VX220?

I will be driving a VX220 myself with one fitted,  

the vx will be driven every day for a long term test.

I therefore expect it to be approved in the same timescale as Lotus cars

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

@Trance the VX220 ones are released and my order is in and confirmed for December delivery. Can't wait.

The small print.