Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
black wing mirrors - early Turbo - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

black wing mirrors - early Turbo

Hi I'm considering freshening up my wing mirrors on my '81 dry sump Turbo. Looking at the car now the stems have more of a shine than the wing mirror bodies themselves. Assuming the stems should be the same as the wing mirrors, what's the correct amount of shine to ask for? Flat matt or more of a satin sheen? I'd say my bumpers are more matt than satin, whereas I've seen many black bumpers that are fairly shiny. Anyone have any idea of how they left the factory originally? Cheers. 

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

same question for my brothers S2 World Champion Esprit. I am guessing satin black but any feedback welcome.

ta

C43

On 16/03/2016 at 15:03, Bazza 907 said:

Is that on a '1984' car or only down on the animal 'Farm'?

Thats the year I bought my 3-year old dry sump car :)

The bumpers and louvres were quite matt. More matt than satin. Mirrors were white so no help there at all....

I do think many resprayed cars have used too-shiny paint on the black bumpers and louvres including my own current car. Its probably supposed to be black trim paint rather than satin black paint.