Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Blue "60" plate Evora on M25 clockwise - Spotted - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Blue "60" plate Evora on M25 clockwise

azim

A nice looking blue Evora on the M25 clockwise - just before the M4 exit at around 7pm this evening. I was in the carbon grey Evora - as we were going 0-5mph (typical M25) I revved the engine a bit to get your attention! 

Hi Az

That was me - Persian Blue.  I saw you wave as you flew past me in the fast lane .. tearing off at about 6mph.

I did hear you first though when you gave it some revs -  and remember thinking that sounds really exotic and tasty and worth a look.  Very pleased to see an Evora, looking very nice in grey in the sun.  Looked clean .. with a very shiny blue tipped exhaust making fantastic noises.  Is that the Lotus sports exhaust?  I think it sounds better (and louder) than my Larini.

Will keep my eye out for you!!

Andy

• Like 1

Nice colour choice Andy - it caught my attention and then as I realised it was an Evora I got all giddy with excitement :scared:(first one I've seen on the road!)

Thank you! Yup, Lotus sports exhaust but with a larini decat. I do need to test the dB of my exhaust as I want to take her to the nurburgring and don't want a long trip back home! Have you been? I think I saw a sticker on the back of your Evora.

My next plan is to get a BOE CAI done - hopefully push out a wee bit more power and some nice induction noise.

Whereabouts are you based? Also, I noticed it's your first post so welcome to TLF! Post some pics up of your lovely motor! :taking a photo:

Az

• Like 1

Thanks Az.  I think the blue looks awesome when it's all cleaned up .. I'll give it a once over and get some pics up - it's about time I said hello, after a long time lurking here and having had the car for nearly a year now!  Good job you spotted me and forced me out of the woodwork.

I picked it up from Lotus Silverstone, hence the sticker on the back - it's the GP circuit I think, but I've never been on a track in my life and would probably wet my pants on the Nurburgring!  Kudos mate!  Your exhaust set up makes a really good crisp "spitting" sound and I'm sure it's louder than mine.  So you may have a few dBs there! 

I've got a K&N panel in mine but am also pondering a CAI.  I spend all my time driving with the window down so I obviously need more noise in more life.

I'm in St Albans. Fancy a meet and chinwag sometime?

Andy

• Like 1

Yeah I bet it does! Looks sunny today so no excuses to give the car a good clean :)

You should when you get a chance, the Evora would be a blast on the track! Thanks, I'm happy with the set up - got a dB app for the iPhone so I'm going to see what that reads.

Sounds like a good mod, may do that in the interim since the BOE CAI is a bit pricey once you take into account shipping and duties - any other mods you're thinking of?

Ah okay not far away then - I'm in Beaconsfield. Absolutely - where's convenient for you?

Az