Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
83 Lotus Eclat/Excel, Completely Original, Years MOT, Galvanized Chassis - Cars/Parts For Sale - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

83 Lotus Eclat/Excel, Completely Original, Years MOT, Galvanized Chassis

1983 Lotus Eclat/Excel, 2.2 Manual

I am regretfully selling this car due to space, we purchased this car on a whim last summer after it had been off road in a garage since 1992 (tax disk still in window).

The car was completely original but required some recommissioning after sitting for so long, so we have done the following:

• Electronic ignition (accuspark system)
  • New clutch (sports clutch from sjs)
  • New clutch slave cylinder
  • New electronic fuel pump
  • New ignition leads
  • New Spark Plugs
  • Replaced all Belts
  • Rebuild water pump
  • New steering rack gaiters
  • New interior carpets
  • New battery
  • New alternator
  • Reconditioned starter motor
  • New tyres all round

The car has a years MOT and is incredibly fun and exciting to drive.

Paint is original and has a few age related marks but polishes and waxes up well, easily good enough to drive and enjoy.

Underneath the car is immaculate where it has clearly been garaged for so long.

Wheels are original speedlines and have not been reconditioned as they still look very tidy. The are now shod in new rubber, with slightly skinnier tyre on the front, fatter on rear.

Does come with original manuals and booklets, however these are heavily deteriorated where they got damp over the years.

Boot has original spare, and original toolkit, which i am very sure i was the first one to touch since it left the factory.

Interior is original with black leather and velour door cards and seats. Radio is an original lotus unit and works excellently.

All electronics work, windows, electric mirrors, radio, headlamps, sidelights, interior lights, green dash lights, heater fan, fog lamps etc.

This is a great honest original car and ready to drive right away, i wouldn’t hesitate to take it on a long drive as everything important has been done, and the car starts no problem on the button, first time, every time.

Airbox was removed for photos but is present and can be fitted at buyers request along with cold air hose and breathers

Areas that still require some tlc are listed below:

• Paint has odd small white dots on two small areas (i can supply more detailed photos on request)
  • Drivers seat has a small rip along the stripes
  • Headlamp switch looks a bit tatty (does work though)
  • passenger side dash pod in the middle has screw holes on the side from a phone mount (an 80s phone mount)
  • passenger side door handle has been badly repaied in the past and could do with replacing. Does work but only locks from inside.

View the full article

Auto-generated post from www.lotusforsale.com - Click 'view full article' to respond to the poster.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days