Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Giugiaro & Stevens Esprit Turbo 321 Stainless Steel Manifold Group Buy - Page 13 - Site Sponsors & FFM Discounts - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Giugiaro & Stevens Esprit Turbo 321 Stainless Steel Manifold Group Buy

Just received my manifold today, LOVE IT, Now that brings up some questions, (1) wrap it , (2) powder coat it , or (3) leave it the hell alone????. Also is there some instructions for the install?? I know that it is basically pull off the old and put on the new, but what about the LINK ROD  and the adjustment???

So mine shipped out Wednesday, 9/21/16, went to Philadelphia, PA awaiting clearing agency review, then arrived in the local hub yesterday (10 miles from my house).  It showed that the receiver must pay duties or taxes, but no idea the amount.  Then last night the package shipped back to Philadelphia, PA then to Stratford, Ct, then to Windsor Locks, CT, then back to Massachusetts and now it shows out for delivery with no further mention of any amount due upon delivery.  I imagine I will just get a bill from UPS in a week or so.

Mine showed up yesterday in good shape.  No bill at drop off, but I guess we will see if I receive one.  

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence." - George Washington

This is exactly what I always face with UPS....  They use their own branch (UNITED PARCEL SVC. 1930 Bishop Lane Suite 200 Louisville-KY 502-485-2222) as "customs clearing house" and charge you $38.88 for filing a single statement page for US customs and then collect "well deserved fee" from you...

If you call them and give them tracking number you can give them credit card number and clear it.  They will deliver the package 1 day later, otherwise driver will demand a Money Order or Check, because driver does not accept cash or credit cards.

===================================================================================================

UNITED PARCEL SVC
1930 Bishop Lane Suite 200
Louisville-KY
502-485-2222

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Account/CPP Number(s): 7US2EFAV00
Account/CPP Name(s): G
Account/CPP Name(s): Zig
Merchant#: 00000033648
Card#: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
Card Type: Master Card
Auth#: 39294P
Total Transaction Amount: 38.88
Invoice Number(s): Invoice Amount(s):
3Y975FVFJGW 38.88
Edited by Zig

I got a call from UPS. They said customs required a tax ID or SSAN from me because the value is listed as $2,500. Apparently anything above $2,300 puts you in a different tax bracket. However, it's been cleared from hold and is now scheduled for delivery on Monday.

We'll see

3 hours ago, Zig said:

This is exactly what I always face with UPS....  They use their own branch (UNITED PARCEL SVC. 1930 Bishop Lane Suite 200 Louisville-KY 502-485-2222) as "customs clearing house" and charge you $38.88 for filing a single statement page for US customs and then collect "well deserved fee" from you...

If you call them and give them tracking number you can give them credit card number and clear it.  They will deliver the package 1 day later, otherwise driver will demand a Money Order or Check, because driver does not accept cash or credit cards.

===================================================================================================

UNITED PARCEL SVC
1930 Bishop Lane Suite 200
Louisville-KY
502-485-2222

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Account/CPP Number(s): 7US2EFAV00
Account/CPP Name(s): G
Account/CPP Name(s): Zig
Merchant#: 00000033648
Card#: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
Card Type: Master Card
Auth#: 39294P
Total Transaction Amount: 38.88
Invoice Number(s): Invoice Amount(s):
3Y975FVFJGW 38.88

I was not asked for anything at drop off from UPS.  manifold only though....

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence." - George Washington

11 minutes ago, Zig said:

Did you order the whole exhaust system or just a header?

I ordered standard 2 1/2" system up to the turbo, without a CAT. I'm keeping the existing muffler/silencer. Leon put the value of my shipment at $2,500 which put me into a different category than everyone else. Why?

On 9/22/2016 at 14:10, DaveS4s said:

Also is there some instructions for the install?? I know that it is basically pull off the old and put on the new, but what about the LINK ROD  and the adjustment???

This may help...

https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/79586-alunox-exhaust-manifold-installation/?page=2#comment-620846

1 hour ago, DJ Bob said:

I ordered standard 2 1/2" system up to the turbo, without a CAT. I'm keeping the existing muffler/silencer. Leon put the value of my shipment at $2,500 which put me into a different category than everyone else. Why?

I just got my full exhaust without cat and it was $97.08 for customs. I wonder if location has anything to do with it.

Just be lucky, we didn't have to pay VAT which is 20%.

1997 Jeep XJ | 1983 Lotus Turbo Esprit

My ups driver needed a $58 check to make delivery today. The beauty of the headers caused me to forget the fees. Part of the fee was duty, which is expected and part for customs clearance. 

Jon - 1984 Esprit Turbo

Did you followup with UPS Customer service and have them explain what is going on and fix your delivery nightmare?

If UPS screwd up the delivery records and showed 3 delivery attempts or location not found then they will send shipment back to clearing house and they might even return it to sender.

You need to intervene and get them straighten this mess.  UPS Customer Service number is  1 (800) 742-5877. 

Wishing you good luck and patience dealing with UPS morons...    

Zig

7 hours ago, Htown said:

My manifold arrived fully assembled and perfectly aligned.  4 primaries double wall flanges are sealed together with red sealant... what is probably a high temperature compound.  

Before I start undoing ALUNOX assembly work and tear manifolds to loose pieces... I really need ALUNOX to confirm that this is the requirement and the correct installation procedure... not someone's assembly guide for previous generation manifold..

Zig

- If the 4 primaries are stuck, knock them off with a piece of Wood carefully, and clean up the double walls with brake cleaner, and eventually lightly sand the coupling surfaces, where applicable and finally smear them all with Wera 1400 degree celsius anti seize paste. That is your friend!

3 hours ago, Zig said:

Did you followup with UPS Customer service and have them explain what is going on and fix your delivery nightmare?

At least three phone calls per day for the last 2 days. According to UPS, it was still in Louisville at 11:30 last night but is cleared to resume movement south.

On 9/25/2016 at 02:36, MarkKassim said:

Hi Guys

Just a quick note on fitting , don't strip the manifold down into its component parts, remove the old cast thing as per the manual. Clean all surfaces and threads.

Fit the new manifold as a complete unit. Its a lot lighter than the original and so is easier to position. Fit the brace last , don't tighten the brace , it should be in a relaxed state i.e feel loose.

I will try try and dig out a procedure we put up on an old thread some time ago if needed, 

Mark

Mark,

Please see if you can locate the proper installation procedure and let ALUNOX review and make any installation changes for this latest version of the exhaust manifold.

BTW...  I played a bit with uninstalled manifold trying to figure out the best method of turbo installation. I noticed that manifold flange was drilled and threaded with a larger diameter tap then the OEM Lotus cast iron manifold and turbo were designed for. Was it ALUNOX design/manufacturing error?.

This forced me to use the Allen bolts provided instead of the new OEM stud set I had. Allen head bolts need to be inserted from the bottom of the manifold flange. Some required a lot of wiggling and twisting by hand before bolts allowed to be fully inserted. Turbo then needed to be slowly and evenly lowered while attachment nuts were being threaded on the bolts. 

Analyzing the difficulties involved in turbo installation and then proper turbo tightening... it is likely that this will force me to consider bolting turbo on the headers first and then try to install the headers with turbo as one unit.  

Zig

I have purchased plenty of items from the UK, Dubai, Bahrain and Australia and never had to pay anything extra when they arrived. The really annoying part was not knowing this and having to have a check ready (march of 2011 was the last time i used one) for the driver. Mine will now arrive tomorrow. Thanks for the info on paying with a card zig, wish i had seen it sooner.

Questions, in the photos of the Stevens manifold is the link rod bracket take the place of the heat shield ?? if it goes with the heat shield then it looks like the studs on the cam housing will be too short. Also what fasteners are suppose to be used to mount the turbo?? the holes in the flange are threaded, but no fasteners in my kit are that big??  Zig said he was using the Allen head bolts to mount the turbo, but the photo of the Steven manifold shows Hex head bolts that are not in my kit??? It would have been nice if ALUNOX would have included a break down of what fasteners to use at each location. I know it is still early, but I just want to get everything clear before I start the install this Winter . Thanks DaveS4s

On 9/22/2016 at 15:10, DaveS4s said:

Just received my manifold today, LOVE IT, Now that brings up some questions, (1) wrap it , (2) powder coat it , or (3) leave it the hell alone????. 

Do #4:  Install and enjoy it

Zig

• Like 1