Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
This is the "I am up for a hoon" thread (south division) - Page 2 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

This is the "I am up for a hoon" thread (south division)

jon.hand

Hi Guys,

Sorry its been a bit quiet, been really hectic at work recently. Car now in with Steve Williams, its a good job, as the main cooling hose from the water pump decided to split last weekend, so thats another job on his list (he's a good lad). I should be getting the car back Saturday 10th March (hopefully) I will draft up a route on sunday/monday & post it Wednesday/Thursday, for any feed back. I was thinking of doing this on April 1st, as its the bank holiday the week after?

I'll be in touch

GT3-jonny :)

Just found this thread! :lol: If I am free the weekend you choose then count me in. I will be driving up from a small village near Warminster in Wiltshire. :)

banner-1.jpg

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Supposed to be dry and sunny this sunday if anyone is up for it?????????

Rog

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

Sorry Rodger, will prob have to cancel tomorrow, as I have just bought a new family car (honda accord) today and have to sort of the paperwork, insurance etc. out before I pick it up tomorrow. I have checked my diary and I'm free all next weekend, if you still fancy a meet/spin. If so where would you like to meet?

GT3-jonny :crybaby:

Edited by GT3 jonny

Hi Jonny,

Accord - nice motor! :)

I'm off to Donny next weekend - going up on the saturday. And Brands hatch the following!

Come on!!! Lets have it!!! It's my forst esprit meet!!!

Rog :)

SLEG_Rog.jpg

Got to leave to pick the Accord up at 15.00

Hows about next Sat, early morning, say meet at baisingstoke? then take a run up the back roads to Newbury, we could meet up at 09.00?

Does anyone else fance a meet there? (more the merrier)

I will try and get this other route (for the 1st April run) posted on Wednesday.

GT3-jonny :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Sorry for the late response, with wedding things & work, I've just got this out.

Please find attached a possible route.

Who is up for it??

I suggest a 08:00am meet up, going for a 08.30 run start. I will be there at 07.30am to buy mac donalds breakfast.(for the early birds)

At 08:30, we start off, taking it easy, and meeting at convoy at Portsmouth, for a photo shoot/full breakfast.

Come on.......join in.

Who's in??

Nice one Rog.., just rallying up the others.

It should be a good day..pray for good weather...!

GT3-jonny

Jonny,

Just sent you a PM - Sorry I can't make this one as I am off to Brands Hatch today. Hope you have a good one, and let us know when the next is as I will def try to make the next one :animier:

Ben

Lemoncurd

factory.jpg

Hi all

There seems to be a little confusion over the date.

This meet was schedulled for Sunday 1 April 07 (no not an April fool joke!), as not to clash with the Brands run.

Please advise who can come.....go on..!

GT3-jonny

Hi all

There seems to be a little confusion over the date.

This meet was schedulled for Sunday 1 April 07 (no not an April fool joke!), as not to clash with the Brands run.

Please advise who can come.....go on..!

GT3-jonny

Assuming you're not all sick of Brands (alas I couldn't make it today :animier:), we could combine this with a trip to the BTCC at Brands that Sunday:

http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/events/e...tccbhlastchance

Say miss out the first two races to hoon and be at Brands by 11:30 for the first BTCC race :cry:

Would need to relocate from Portsmouth though!

Edited by neal

May: DON'T hit it with a hammer!

Clarkson: Why?

May: Cause it's the tool of a pikey.

Hi Neal

Thanks for the thought, I can't speak for everyone, but I was under the impression this first one, was just going to be a gentle one down to the coast.

next time, for sure.

GT3-jonny

Hey Jonny

Am definately up for a weekend blast, Portsmouth meet sounds very good, there are some good roads heading up over the hill towards Alton etc.

Let me know if it is definately on i'll pm you my number.

Waynef

Its a shame I can't make this meet - especially as I live just off the A3, but it clashes with the Club Lotus Annual Dinner in the New Forest.

Definately up for any future meets if possible

Cheers

Matt

Hi wayne

Thaks for the interest, I have done a route see link http://www.glcforum.com/esprit/forums/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=3221, which is on an earlier thread (same topic) I must admit I have never organised a run before and I found it difficult to find a starting point to suit all, hence why I chose Reading (it seemed fairly central to the people interested in coming). As for the end destination in Portsmouth, ideally we need to finish where theres plenty of parking and a good cafe. I don't know Portsmouth very well, but I'll have a search on the web tonight.

It would be good if all the esprits travel down together, as I'm sure it will turn a few heads.

GT3-jonny

Where you heading down from Jonny as I am in winchester so could head down together if geography is right

Waynef

As i said - count me in i am J1 M3 or J13/14 M25

Could meet you in reading Jon? TGI's or summink?

Rog

SLEG_Rog.jpg

Rog

I was thinking meeting at 'sava-centre' (sainsburys). It has a Mac Donalds, petrol station, and a good size car park, etc

This is at Junction 12 of the M4 (just off the M4, heading on the A4 in to Reading)

Or theres a big B & Q car park, just off junction 11, but no fuel, as the the local shell is shut for refurb.

I'll buy the pre-set off breakfast snacks/coffee. (from Mac D's)

Did we say a meet time of 08.00 with the view to set off at 08.30 on Sunday 1st April.

I'll be there around 07.30 ish, with copies of maps etc

GT3-jonny

As for the end destination in Portsmouth, ideally we need to finish where theres plenty of parking and a good cafe. I don't know Portsmouth very well, but I'll have a search on the web tonight.

It would be good if all the esprits travel down together, as I'm sure it will turn a few heads.

GT3-jonny

Jonny

You may want to look at parking near Canoe Lake, Southsea. It is a Pay and display car park (as is the whole of the seafront). There is a Cafe nearby called the "10th hole" on the north side of the pitch and putt course. (10 minutes walk for the cars though)

If you want to park on the seafront, there is a cafe called the "Oasis" between the Hovercraft terminal and the D-day museum (which also has a car park)

finally - there is another car park near Clarence Pier which has a "Brewers Fayre" nearby.

Hope that helps :)

I'll buy the pre-set off breakfast snacks/coffee. (from Mac D's)

Did we say a meet time of 08.00 with the view to set off at 08.30 on Sunday 1st April.

I'll be there around 07.30 ish, with copies of maps etc

GT3-jonny

Nice 1,

See you about 7.30-8.00 then!

Rog :)

SLEG_Rog.jpg

Hi Guys

Is that a definate meet up then at the Car park near Canoe Lake, the 10th hole does the best ever breakfast sandwhiches (Proper doorsteps).

Or are you meeting at Maccy D's along Goldsmith Avenue???

Jonny I'll call you on Friday to double check.

See you all there

Waynef

FWIW Guys - Goodwood Breakfast Club Sunday - Italian day!

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif