Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Excel rear screen trim - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/ICE/HVAC & Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Excel rear screen trim

As you can see my rear screen is pretty cruddy and has lost 90% of the 10mm plastic edge trim. I was was wondering if i just raked out the old flaky sealer and just sealed it with a neat bead of black silicon there would be no need for the plastic trim? ( not sure if that is available anywhere?)

rear screen.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Later cars didn't have them, I guess because they were such a PITA, so ditching it seems like a good idea.

Silicone should work but you may find it's awkward to get a decent (clean) surface for it to adhere to, windscreen (or body panel) adhesive may stick better but is awkward to get a neat line unless you're used to working with it, Dum-Dum should be OK but it does shrink back after a while (If you're passing Bawburgh and want the Dum-Dum option then feel free, I have a massive tin of it). Sorry that's three imperfect options but even the fitters who put my front screen in admitted it's a compromise.