Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Has anyone lowered their car? - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Has anyone lowered their car?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a set of springs and shocks with adjustable platforms made by Gaz for my Sport 350.

This was because one was damaged on my car and it seems that if you mention sport 350 Lotus add a grand to the price of parts.Of course now they have just started making bilstein sets again .

To be honest the car looks great low but mine handles like a pig now.Lotus spent years developing the suspension on these and I am going to put mine back to standard again.I also had problems with the front coils binding etc and Gaz have never really got it right with my cars.Great company and guys but they are not Lotus! ;)

If you are purely going for looks then go for it but if its handling then leave standard.

As far as I am aware the 350 had uprated springs and dampers but the ride height was the same as the std V8 ,I believe rates were 300 front and 350lb rear but again I stand to be corrected.

Also another word of warning the 350 feels bone jarring compared to a std V8 .Great for tracks not for country lanes!!

Just my opinions ,hope they help.

Rich

Get the new Lotus Suspension. You can lower the car 10mm all round and it should still handle as Lotus intended.

Best of both worlds! If that's what you're after. But remember, as said above, the lower you go the worse the handling seems to get. We've seen it on quite a few Esprits.

http://www.lotusespritworld.com/EGuides/EM...Suspension.html

kato

lew_small.gif

http://www.lotusespritworld.com' target='_blank'>

I bought a set of the fully height adjustable lotus bilsteins/eibachs for my 98 V8-Gt. Excellent quality, whatever ride height you want AND its developed by lotus specifically for the v8. This was std fitment for the very last few v8's that were made for usa market.

Details are here: http://www.lotusespritworld.com/EGuides/EM...suspension.html

its what Kato refers to as "Esprit 2003-04 (US spec)"

Mufflerman: lotus develop springs and dampers together, so i would not recommend just putting some 350 springs on with your std shocks. Either go the whole sport350 spring and damper route or not at all. The set up i went for was a little stiffer than stock but not as hard as a 350.

All the part numbers and prices are on that page on LEW.

I would like to correct my post above!! I agree with Rob,stick with a proven V8 set up unless you want to expeiment A LOT!

After some digging sport 350 spring rates are 350 front and 314 rear.The last V8's were slighty softer front and 2lbs harder at the rear..It starts getting more complicated when you start looking ant damper rates ,spring lengths etc etc.

After stripping mine down again I find that gaz supplied me with 225lb springs front AND rear.This is after the told me they had made loads of sets of V8 coilover sets.No wonder mine was the only 350 cornering like a drunk RangeRover at the factory day!!

Another lesson Learnt!