Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Excel 1986 SE - Cars/Parts For Sale - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Excel 1986 SE

Making room for ramps

I am moving on the 86 Se I have had for a while as I have not used it since moving into my new place.  The likelihood of giving it any attention this coming year is remote.

The vehicle was used regularly until recently.

It is an original car and will require relatively little to bring back to full health.  It would be a shame to lose an original car to what I have planned for it.  I have replaced this with another vehicle that needs substantially more renovation.

I want to move it on mainly so I don’t get tempted to break it for parts as the requests for many of the items on this vehicle are numerous….

Taken for an MOT at the end of last year just to see what was rearing its head.  3 items were noted:

• Passenger door difficult to open (it has secondary seals…PUSH harder)
  • Driver side indicator non functional (earth on bulb sorted)
  • Driver headlight not raising (motor removed and rebuilt)

Good bits:

•  Window frames and door beams are solid – no drop and no flex.
  •  Engine is strong
  • Clutch and gearbox are healthy.
  • NO AB14!!!
  • Cloth interior and dashboard are in very good condition, one of the best I have seen.
  • Cambelt change 18 moths ago
  • Radiator changed a few years back
  • 5 Previous owners
  • Upgraded SU fuel pump
  • All electrics work

Bad bits :

• Needs a full respray
  • Needs a new windscreen due to delamination
  • Exhausts boxes have seen better days at the flanges
  • Power steering pipes are corroded and will require replacing in a few years.

This is an ideal project for somebody looking for an easy project and not paying a premium through ebay or ridiculous priced dealers.

Traders and dealers do not contact me as you will be wasting your time and mine.

The car can be arranged to be delivered.  Typical delivery cost from Peterhead to Birmingham is £300-400.

Kieran

Locaticars@gmail.com

The post Lotus Excel 1986 SE appeared first on lotusforsale.com.

View the full article

Auto-generated post from www.lotusforsale.com - Click 'view full article' to respond to the poster.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days