Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Aircon question - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Aircon question

• Gold FFM

I am working through getting my S4 ready to move on. :( 

I have to get the aircon vac tested as it is leaking somewhere and I have not been able to find it yet as the guy that was trying to regas it for me did not have the time to isolate each part and test each one individually.

The question I have is if it turns out to be the A/C condenser or evaporator, how difficult is it to get the radiator pack out without access to a hoist?

Ta.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

Are you talking about the radiator pack in your instance Chris?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

I must admit to still wondering how much I have to remove to be able to get to the pack. Seems really buried in the front end of the car. :detective:

I have a feeling you may need to drop the oil coolers to get the radiator duct out, but maybe someone else could confirm that. I also remember reading that it can be done by using ratchet straps around the front of the car, although Freek's method looks good to me.

Margate Exotics.

It is a big Job,

Oilcoolers are in the way. (often ending up with new ones as the hose connections are completly seized onto the aluminium Oil coolers.). I modified the undertray so the coolers can remain in place next time (hopefully not). (picture shows only one side. other side is mirrored)

Undertray modification.jpg

Furthermore seized bolts and nuts etc.

First make sure that your condensor is leaking before you commence with this job.

If you need more pictures just give me a shout.

(Search the forum, long time ago i made a topic of my AC renewal process)....................... Found it

Esprit Freak

• Gold FFM

Thanks for the info. :)