Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Undervalued - Page 4 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Undervalued

jack.pe

Totally agree. Have you noticed how many heaps of shit that get the Wheeler Dealers "treatment" suddenly see their values escalate? Its not just the regular classic car boom, it's constant TV exposure.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Buddsy and Mark  both right in your comments,  having your car on film or tv helps no end,  Look at the first bond film,  Aston would not give the film makers a car or even a discount on one !  nearly had a jaguar in the end they got a cheap damaged db5,  same as the Italian job the film company had to pay for all the minis,  

But todays films a car maker will try and force his car onto the screens, look at Collin Chapman with the esprit putting it outside the studios in the hope it would be used , the clever little devil.

Mustangs fastbacks,  I know they have always been an American icon,  but fastbacks after gone in 60 seconds and tokyo drift only raised prices,  The audi quattro raised in price partly from been seen on tv as like everything it just raises awareness again and everybody starts looking in autotrader or on ebay, yet again raising prices.

But also the fact classic car prices have gone crackers also, one of my favorite top gear episodes with the supercars for under 10 grand,  At the time you could purchase those cars for that money, a merak now 10k is project money with lots of bits missing, the lambo ,  which i love out of the three, god only knows but it has to be 30k for a project, and the ferrari well any ferrari these days has gone up in value :) 

• Like 1

A

1 hour ago, Buddsy said:

Yes I think your right. All exposure increases knowledge of the brand. Jonny the pits has done a good job with the picture of the month. I still feel we can do better. Im going to make it my plan this year to get some better pictures. I hope for maybe one great picture!

buddsy

Regarding photo's, I'm fairly new here compared to you experienced Lotuseers and when I joined this forum I was expecting members to have loads of photos of their cars on their individual accounts for viewing but there seem to be very few. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place?! Ps. It's still a great forum:)