Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
"A" Service and "B" Service - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

"A" Service and "B" Service

mamovaka

Anyone know exactly what is involved in these services?

I have a local mechanic that is fantastic so far w/ my esprit and I want him to do all the work on it that I do not feel like doing, in the next week or two I plan to do some spring cleaning to the car (flush coolant, check everything etc.) I would like to know what Lotus does for the A and B service so I can manually tell my man to do the same checks. (obviously I will have lotus check the timing belt it's free from them) but everything else..

Thanks!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have the owner's manual? It details the service schedule in there.

May: DON'T hit it with a hammer!

Clarkson: Why?

May: Cause it's the tool of a pikey.

this page may helpclicky

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

thanks guys,

this is perfect, let me ask.. do you guys usually do the A service that is recommended or simply DIY and perhaps do the A service once every 15k miles instead of 6k.. 6k seems a little too often to me for what they are doing..

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, good luck getting a definitive answer with this one my friend. This is almost as personally subjective as asking what you like best about an Esprit.

For me for example, I do very little maintenance on my 350 myself. The work has almost exclusively been done (very well thank you very much!) at either Sportmotive or Hethel. I personally don't particularly enjoy car maintenance and would rather spend my time doing other things (like driving it). Therefore I don't begrudge the

Just had A service done

with total radiator flush and brake fluid flush and a few tweaks about 800.00USD

At the two-year interval, I had all the fluids changes (oil, tyranny, coolant, PAS, and brake/clutch fluid) and it ran me $940US at the Lotus dealership.

What I realized is that it is not hard to do these services - if you like to work on cars. For about $300US you can buy all the fluid and spent about 8 hours (or one weekend) working on the lotus.

It does help to have the correct tools

JoeyO

2001 V8 - Silver

2007 Ducati 1098