Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
anti-roll-bar bushes - Page 3 - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

anti-roll-bar bushes

1 minute ago, Andyww said:

Thats a very nice trunnion you have there :)

Longer tube is a good idea, how much longer did you make it?

Hi Andy

The tube I made is 1.25” long. 
Seems to be the optimal length to allow the nyloc to fully engage + leaving a full thread exposed.

I experimented with shorter but the bush starts to deform and wants to spread out too far.

The new tube is around 110 thou longer than the original.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

What’s the best way to get new ARB to chassis poly bushes onto the anti roll bar? There are a lot of tight bends to navigate on the pre 85 suspension ARB and the bushes aren’t that flexible.. is there a good technique to get the bushes round the ARB bends?

Ad initium

Probably a stupid question above.. well if one should cut the ARB to chassis bush, where should it be split best, front, back, atop or at the bottom? SJs poly bushes come as one piece iirc. 

Ad initium

Double check you haven't been provided the post 84 versions for pre-84 suspension - The hole for the post 84 is smaller as it uses a thinner dedicated ARB.

I  don't recall having any real problem getting mine into place on a cleaned-up ARB

• Like 1

On 02/06/2023 at 12:50, Gis said:

What’s the best way to get new ARB to chassis poly bushes onto the anti roll bar? There are a lot of tight bends to navigate on the pre 85 suspension ARB and the bushes aren’t that flexible.. is there a good technique to get the bushes round the ARB bends?

I used lots of washing up liquid to lube the ARB on my S2. The bushes wouldn't move without lubrication and I ended up tearing one of them using brute force.

• Like 2

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

• Gold FFM

These are vile things on an esprit and often knock really quickly after. Funnily enough though - iirc the Evora ones are split type just like those. Just fit em and see how you get on. 

• Like 1

Only here once

Although I dont like poly bushes I have those on mine, from previous owner. 

The only issue I have ever had with them is a loud squeak when going over speed bumps for the first mile or so but that was cured by lubricating the ARB with silicone grease.

• Like 2

I’ve had the same split poly anti-roll bar bushes installed for about 30,000 miles now. I removed them for checking as part of my winter maintenance programme last January, and they’re good as new.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.