Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
It's Sunday - time for confession Father - Page 10 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

It's Sunday - time for confession Father

• Gold FFM

R15 ring out of a selection pack from toolstation - knew that box would come in useful.

bought them for iac valve o rings on the red one !!

• Like 1

Only here once

12 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Look there's a whole list about to unfold !! But for the moment I'm proper happy.

two issues need addressing very soon

1 knocking front end - thats gonna be stripped off and refurbed

2 abs light - determined to get a go at that when I get an assistant this weekend to help bleed the system as per the book.

fixed most of the stupid annoying little things - now at least have a car I can enjoy again......

its not for sale

There you go @Mark Blanchard 

Patience, dear boy, patience.

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

Haha - stop it

sat waiting in the barbers for Danny to have his Barnet sorted. Took the esprit into town - heater works !! And the wiper and the washer sprayer - and and and - excited. Simple things :stuart:

• Like 1

Only here once

PM B-)

• Like 1

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

• Gold FFM

Haha - I've found a washer to weld on the end of the rod for now. Maybe I will do that tomorrow.

the s3 has been somewhat neglected the last couple of weeks. My number 1 priority is having a car that I can use this season. And yes I know if I'd have cracked on with the S3 it would be at paint now - but I have a thing for turbos !!

still aiming for the S3 to be complete by the summer 

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Boot floor out. 

Replaced boost sender pipe. Replaced vac pipes. Lost ebpv and throttle jack actuators replaced with resistors. Every elbow or pipe was in appalling state

Repaired the wastegate rod - welded a nice washer on the end - looks lovely !! All ground back flat and fitted back on

Managed to get old lambda sensor out of the cat pipe - and the other lambda out of the straight out pipe. Just awaiting a tap to rethread the hole !!

Wife moaning - ffs - I need a new one :lol:

• Like 1

Only here once

Barry, you don't need to fit resistors in place of the solenoids, as long as you keep the solenoid relay. The ECM only sees the control side of that relay, so it doesn't matter if nothing is connected to the switched side. If you want to remove the relay as well, you do need a suitable resistor to keep the ECM happy.

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

Resistors sorted - I just didn't want to keep these solenoids fitted - one more thing to unbolt and disconnnect when taking the floor in and out.

getting that lambda sensor hole rethreaded and fitted back in was fun !!!

all back together - much quieter now

Only here once

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Go to the garage to get her out this morning. Turn key - no start. Pump runs - can hear a relay click under the bonnet. Hmmmm gave up and come back in.

im guessing the wire to the starter is fubard 

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Gave up!?  Not like you, mate.

• Like 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

I'm on painting and decorating - just racking up some brownie points before the fever spending on the s3 ?

Im sure it's something simple - interestingly the heater blower had packed up last time out - so maybe a couple of bad joints 

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Next doors been round for a tea and a chat - he got whisked into the garage.

i can confirm wobbling the starter fire wire solved the problem - stripped off and cleaned up - all back together and sorted.

now - tomorrow I may just have a look at fitting the double din DVD player thingy and reversing camera

• Like 1

Only here once