Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
It's Sunday - time for confession Father - Page 12 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

It's Sunday - time for confession Father

• Gold FFM

So today I managed to get some "me" time in the garage.

the grinder did a quick appearance - along with the welder. I now have a double din unit installed in the dash and a reverse camera on the back. 

Whilst fettling - replaced the knackered courtesy light with an led module - only to find it wouldn't work - so then proceeded to clean up both door switches. 

Progress felt small but good. Now just need to find a panel of something to fill in the small gap. Sure I can adjust something out of the old stereo blanking plate that's kicking about

• Like 1

Only here once

Go all Colin Chapman Barry and use your remaining V8 silencers, chop the buggers up.

Just noticed that my "one touch" windows don't. Sigh. Service manual and wiring diagram time again.

Are you coming to Henley on Saturday morning or what?

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

• Gold FFM
21 minutes ago, swindon_alan said:

Just noticed that my "one touch" windows don't. Sigh. Service manual and wiring diagram time again.

Ahh - that's a simple fix - something to do with holding down the buttons and letting the window go all the way down - then doing the same up. Or something similar. You need to reset the system after a flat battery !! 

Dunno about the weekend - kids got a swimming competition and I have no idea what I'm "booked" to do - hopefully not a lot !!

• Like 1

Only here once

Ahhhh yes of course Barry, I had completely forgotten about that! Flat battery indeed, three weeks worth! It was quite amusing on Saturday, new battery, headlamp pods doing dances, various pumps and stuff whining away, ECM awol and trying to get a stable tickover and to relearn that gorgeous exhaust note. Will punch the buttons in the morning and fix that.

You really need to make the trip on Saturday bud, if only to get a bacon butty and a cup of tea from the van. You will not be disappointed. Give Danny the option of swimming or pig heaven mate!

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Scared the daylights out of myself tonight. The other day I repaired the courtesy light switches - well - low and behold I have a buzzer for when the lights are left on...... wow that's useful :lol:

Only here once

• Gold FFM

What a weekend. Just me and Alice my youngest - we've been everywhere in the esprit. In the aim of knocking a polar bear off his iceberg we have managed to make a tank of fuel vanish from the esprit. And all without the aid of rust holes in tanks.

bromyard speed festival was ace - although lacking any presence of an esprit of any guise. Mine was tucked away in a backstreet minding its own business. A nice ride round the streets in a pork 928

Without any doubt at all the car is superb - has its faults - yes a few - but fantastic. The bloody fan fuse has now blown again - twice....

I even managed to clean and wax it a bit today - that made a massive difference. Yesterday we have a hail shower that was utterly frightening - the noise in the cabin was that loud even the exhaust was inaudible....

long may the sun continue to shine !!

• Like 1

Only here once

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

It's been sat awaiting my attention. Been otherwise busy on house things.

this week I plan on some strip down time though

Only here once

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

So my eldest daughter smashed her bloody iPhone last weekend.

yesterday I was tasked with the trip to Bristol Apple Store with her and some spoiling time. Out we go in the esprit - nice run down the motorway. A fortune in the Apple Store later, new handbag and new coat, lunch out and a rather nice cake and coffee in a patisserie. Nice blast back up the motorway finished off a lovely afternoon/evening.

i did note the increase in homelessness on the streets of Bristol - there is something very wrong in this country.

filled up the tank tonight - 22mpg - dunno if that's good or bad.

Only here once

truly homeless or just kidding? It's hard to tell these days who is genuine and who is not.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

True enough - chatting to one of them though yesterday - it did seem as if all funding has been completely cut in this area. Funny though - Bristol have a refugee relocation program

• Like 1

Only here once

Edinburgh seems to have had a surge in homelessness too. Though mny of them seem to be older women from Eastern Europe. It's hard to determine whether truly genuine or not.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Had a swimming run to do last night - would normally take the van as it's two kids to pick up.

the chlorine in the pool was so bad my eldest got out, youngest swims at another pool in town. So I have time for a Lotus back forward back forward pick up :thumbsup:

go out to the garage - fking thing won't start - battery just hasn't got the juice. Quick sticks - jump start it. Off to worcester I go. Didn't stop it at the pool as I was somewhat nervous - but did when I got back home to drop her off to run back to worcester. Yep flat as a pancake.

so first job today is stick on a new battery that should be problem solved. Second job is to drop the gearbox oil and put the nice new syntrans in

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Syntrans. Wow thats the same as we use in our offshore heavy lift cranes, high temp durability as well. It goes a nice Light brown when its had hard use and a chocolate color when due for a change out. Can smell like cats pzzzzz as well.

• Gold FFM

Haha - yeah all decent gearoil smells of cats pzzz.

it was low when I drained it and clearly not changed for some time.the only stuff I could get was a fully synthetic gearoil - same stuff - but not branded so not the same if that makes sense. 

I started looking at it as I had a 2nd gear crunch - the new oil has made little difference. So I shall try this and see if that improves matters. Double declutching and there is no problem. I'm just hoping it's not another gearbox out job - if it is - I think I shall be trawling eBay for a how to rebuild gearboxes for dummies book

Only here once

When you take the gearbox to bits, it'll also be worth doing:-

Clutch

Flywheel

Release bearing

Rear crank seal

Gearbox mounts

Gearbox output seals

Exhaust mounts

Translator

Oh, and maybe the charcoal canister.

You'll thank me further down the line.

• Like 2

Margate Exotics.

4 minutes ago, eeyoreish said:

Isn't the front number plate secured by one of the gearbox bolts? I think he missed that last time...

No, I think it's his second gear synchro that holds that on?

What's this Mr Kearley?

barrywtf.jpg.6f4e382fb0eec130711a35749b976628.jpg

12 minutes ago, swindon_alan said:

No, I think it's his second gear synchro that holds that on?

What's this Mr Kearley?

barrywtf.jpg.6f4e382fb0eec130711a35749b976628.jpg

I'd be more concerned about the picture nine to the left of that one! :ermm:

Dean