Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
It's Sunday - time for confession Father - Page 18 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

It's Sunday - time for confession Father

• Gold FFM

All back together - I fking hate cars......

cant get the clutch pedal to feel nice and stay feeling nice. Bled system have had slave on and off three times. You get a decent feeling clutch pedal - a few operations and it's sh!t again. Ho hum - new slave and master cylinder it is then....

i reckon the new clutch pressure plate has played havoc with the master cylinder. The slave seems to work - then the more the pedal is worked the less and leads travel on the slave. Fluid looked proper grey and horrible when first bled out.

anyone know the slave and master cylinder replacements - I'm sure the slave is a landrover thing

Only here once

This is the slave cylinder I usually buy, but I believe you need an adapter for the hose!

I re-use the same adapter so can't remember what it is.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LAND-ROVER-SERIES-2-AND-2A-CLUTCH-SLAVE-CYLINDER-266694/330274344047?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

So - robbed from another thread I need a 3/8 UNF 24 tpi Male to 7/16 UNF 20 tpi Female adaptor.... to make the land rover one work

Here's what's on there now - does this look like it's already a landrover unit ??IMG_1356.PNG.f070753bb48864d27ce3bea6835495cf.PNG

Only here once

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, punky said:

This is the slave cylinder I usually buy, but I believe you need an adapter for the hose!

I re-use the same adapter so can't remember what it is.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LAND-ROVER-SERIES-2-AND-2A-CLUTCH-SLAVE-CYLINDER-266694/330274344047?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Cheers Andy - the master cylinder is that a Land Rover s3 unit?? I'd rather swap both - I'm more convinced it's the master causing the issue 

Only here once

15 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

All back together - I fking hate cars......

cant get the clutch pedal to feel nice and stay feeling nice. Bled system have had slave on and off three times. You get a decent feeling clutch pedal - a few operations and it's sh!t again. Ho hum - new slave and master cylinder it is then....

i reckon the new clutch pressure plate has played havoc with the master cylinder. The slave seems to work - then the more the pedal is worked the less and leads travel on the slave. Fluid looked proper grey and horrible when first bled out.

anyone know the slave and master cylinder replacements - I'm sure the slave is a landrover thing

I bought that land rover one and it failed about 1 day after fitting. I just refurbed my stupidly heavy Girling one. The seller of the LR slave never issued me a refund either.

I have the master cylinder SJ sells and that one is working just dandy. 

• Like 1

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

• Gold FFM

Master cylinder fitted. 

The old one didn't look terrible - expected a knackered seal - looking down the bore it looks clean but has a small area with two ripples and what looks like some porous spots...... so I'm kinda hoping that's the fault. Some nasty black shite in the bottom of the pot.

slave - well that looked just dandy - I have a new one to go on though - but need an adaptor for it to fit. Will swing past the tractor repair shop tomorrow and get one.

drained the system out - now bearing in mind I put in about 1/2 litre the other day of new brake fluid to try and get it working - filled a small drain pot with the fluid - looked like Pepsi !!!

1 hour ago, eeyoreish said:

Sounds like a dodgy night in. :cry: I won't ask which part you're playing...

Oh If only......... still dreaming of Ariana grande 

Only here once

Exhausts pointy in the parallel to the ground plane now as well? I bet the front number plate has been adjusted to compensate...

Well done Barry. Great news mate!

PS what the **** are part worn chickens? Did they only succumb to several of your desires and not the full repertoire?

• Like 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

• Gold FFM
17 minutes ago, swindon_alan said:

PS what the **** are part worn chickens? Did they only succumb to several of your desires and not the full repertoire?

Hens that have done a year of egg laying. After 52 weeks of laying the egg yield goes down due to impending moult. The rspca stopped farmers "force moulting" some years ago - they used to turn the lights off for a couple of days and withdraw food and water - they then lost feathers and after a couple of weeks where back into lay for another year with even bigger eggs...... Now they just get hordes of Eastern European folks to catch them and off they go for processing. Feet to China, wings and legs to Africa, breasts to pukka pies and the like.

for a whole quid - you can have one of these hens - they will lay for a few more years and frankly will continue to lay until the fox ? eats them

21 minutes ago, swindon_alan said:

Exhausts pointy in the parallel to the ground plane now as well? I bet the front number plate has been adjusted to compensate

Glad you spotted that - reckon they look better ?? It felt wrong cutting sections out of the pipes to achieve that - the sides needed to be swapped and had to get busy with the grinder. Its made a difference already to the spitting of black shit out the pipes

Only here once

I really feel well and truly educated about poultry. Thanks Barry...

Yep, the exhausts look so much better buddy. One less thing for me to take the p*ss out of...

Seriously though - the gearbox rebuild, did you do that yourself with all of the pretensioning and stuff or was that your tame UN-1 man?

• Like 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

• Gold FFM

I won't take any credit for the box rebuild. It's as sweet as a nut - gave it some beans tonight and it's bloody fantastic.

i reckon the exhausts look a whole lot better - the one tip rattles like mad - have just whacked some exhaust paste on it to see if that helps - otherwise I shall find some new tips

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

:popo: don't encourage me...... just don't.

once the barns done, chicken shed is finished - I'm having some time to get the red S3 to paint and back together again. That's on the assumption this bitch doesn't break again

• Like 1

Only here once

No need to use an adapter on the clutch slave in aluminium from Landrover, Barry. It's just a matter of cutting the thread to fit the hose ifit's different to the one you have taken off. That's what i did. Less complicated, less sealings. Here's mine:

Kind regards,

Jacques.

slavecylinder 1.JPG

• Like 2

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

• Gold FFM

I have to confess - the old slave is presently fitted after stripping down and inspecting to be good - cleaned up and refitted. 

I will recut the thread when I need to fit it on for sure

• Like 1

Only here once

This thread needs more pictures!!!!!

• Like 1

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8